Friday, October 31, 2014

Fall, Where Art Thou?

susanbranch455
(Artwork: Susan Branch)

No signs of fall here. It's green... green... and more green.

The temperatures aren't yet cool, but a cool front is coming tonight. It's supposed to be 75 today, and 67 by 6pm tonight. I'm not exactly jumping for joy, but it is better than the 90's so I'll take it.

If I want it to really feel like fall I just crank up the AC, followed by making a cappuccino with a pumpkin spice Milano cookie.

So basically, using your imagination is key. tongue

515-16-_Sweetly_Scrapped

susanbranch_picnic

I was taking video last Saturday or Sunday morning, and while doing that saw that there were deer on the neighbor's property again.

This time I counted the Mama Deer and 5 babies.

010_600cr3

sunrise_600

009_600cr2

hw

010_600cr



HWPM_033

012_600t

hw2

015_600cr2

sunrise_600-1

015_600cr

pmbl3hween
(1st Artwork: Tasha Tudor)

012_600tw

lineoldfashion

susanbranch__15th
(Artwork: Susan Branch)

Where are my cows? cow

The neighbor has moved his cattle to another field. I haven't seen them in over a week now. I miss the sight of them!

002_600-3

006_600
(Larger Pic)

I took these pics last weekend.

I really miss the beautiful sunsets that we saw back when we were living in Burton. The sunsets just don't look the same around here.

lineoldfashion

hweenpast

hoo_525

I found this old photo of Maddie the other day. It was taken back in 2006 I believe.

As you can tell, Maddie is a big fan of putting up Halloween decorations.



Little Izzy on the other hand has a much different perspective on Halloween.

I think this video was taken back in 2007. (Izzy's fluffy pommy coat hadn't even come in yet. She looks so young here). I love how Maddie is trying to help Izzy get the witch's hat off. Lol! Maddie is very protective of her baby "sister."

pkn_ghost

And just so ya know, that's the only time we ever put a costume on one of our dogs. She only wore it for as long as you see on this video.

Izzy would make a cute pumpkin though, don't ya think?

And so Kristin resists the urge to head over to PetCo to look at all the Halloween costumes....

Okay, who am I kidding? The nearest PetCo is probably an hour away. At least my pets' pride is safe.

And now it's time to revisit Abby's very first baby pictures. My brother got Abby around Halloween-time.

abby_1stbabypic

abigail

abby_445

maddiemeetsabby

babyabby

lineoldfashion

susanwheeler_bday
(Artwork:Susan Wheeler)

Happy Birthday to my Aunt!

How cool is that to have a birthday on Halloween?
I also have an uncle whose birthday is on New Years Eve.

lineoldfashion

Will Look Cute For Food:
(Or in this case, for scrambled eggs and biscuits) barkley

1hwn

031_600

izzy_600t

breakfast_600t

maddie_izzy_600

breakfast2_600

I'm so incredibly PROUD of Abby not being so afraid of the kitchen anymore.

lineoldfashion

<moon 4279678397

029_600t
(Larger Pic)

moon_600-1
(Larger Pic)

moon_600

I've taken better moon photos before, but I still like these.

lineoldfashion

izzy_500v

Izzy still has her favorite dog toy on guard duty. I'm always finding it in a hallway.

pumpkinheads400



Nightly, she still plays inside her toy box.

Of course, once I got the camera out to film her she calmed down quite a bit.

lineoldfashion

halloweenpups2

Halloween has arrived, and it feels so ODD that we can no longer really celebrate it.

No matter what neighborhood we lived in we were always THE house to visit. And I'm not saying this to brag.. although I guess I am bragging... but it really was the truth.

It was the same thing at Christmastime. People used to take photos of their kids in our yard. We've even had people tell us they would make a special trip just to see how our house was decorated, for Halloween and Christmas both.

We haven't done much decorating this year.

Really, we've hardly done anything. We're just not motivated to decorate when we know no one will see it.

We've hardly put up any indoor decorations as well. I think all the best stuff is still in plastic bins in the barn.

v015_500

owl2_500v

We were going to put a creepy light on the owl at night, but never could find one.

I really don't know what we have left in way of Halloween decorations. We gave A LOT of it away when we moved.

FYI: It felt w-e-i-r-d that while taking these pics, I could hear cows moo-ing across the street. I'm still getting used to that.

012_600

003_600-1
(Larger Pic)

This guy here hums and moves his eyes and yells "Help Me!" Unfortunately, his eyes no longer move. They went kerplooey this year.

Sad. tsktsk

003_600

We did have some pretty mums in front of the hay bales, but they died this week. The heat made them meet their ghost, but... I guess that fits the holiday.

011_600

witches_500

pumpkinscart_600

porch_urn_500

These days there's really no one to decorate for. No trick-or-treaters at all.

We don't even have that many neighbors, and some of the one's we do have are... well, let's just say they think celebrating Halloween with so little as a carved pumpkin is tantamount to being a devil worshiper.

The only child around here lives on the next lot over. We made a little Halloween Goody Bag for her, and then got a sweet little Halloween book for her new baby brother.

lineoldfashion

susanbranch_music susanbranch_kitty
(Artwork: Susan Branch)

More sweet birds...

014_600t

001_600-1

kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!