Sunday, January 18, 2015

Of Deer, Mice and Pet Rocks

marjoleinbastin_vera2
(Artwork: Marjolein Bastin)

At last the sun graced us with its presence, inviting the dogs to come outside again to play. sunshine

Hence all the photos in this post. (I now realize I should have used a different camera setting because it was so sunny out. Editing these photos was a nightmare).

We also organized the garage a little better and did a little more sprucing up in our workshop. On Sunday we're putting together some shelves from Ikea, and then hanging up curtains. We still need to finish out the trim around the windows, and then find a rug to put in there.
515-16-_Sweetly_Scrapped

029_600

049_600

042_500

012_600

This is my little area in our new workshop. It isn't finished yet, but I thought I'd give a sneak preview.

v025_400

010_600

017_600

v003_400

Izzy watching, aka barking and bossing around, the cattle each time they take a step.

She does enjoy keeping them in line.


018_600

007_600

v026_400

I swear that Maddie meditates while outside. She'll find a spot, lie down, and just peacefully watch the cows or the traffic off in the distance.

046_500



030_600

021_600

033_600

023_600

v023_400

017_600_ABBY



hugsandcattle_600

v003_400

Izzy is more of an indoors gal, but I think she enjoyed the warm weather this weekend. She enjoyed it so much she actually hung out with the rest of us outside.

But only on the porch of course. She's a porch sitter.


035_600

008_600

015_600

022_600


("Hugs" the donkey cracks me up rolling around in the dirt like a dog)

040_500

crow_600

I LOVE listening to the crows around here.

014_600

008_600_ABBY

Abby was a VERY HAPPY little girl this weekend. Since the temps warmed up, the rain stopped, and the sun FINALLY came out, she got to play fetch outside with her favorite rock.

Abby looooves the outdoors and her pet rock. I'd say those are her top two obsessions.


039_600

018_600_ABIGAIL_ROCK

044_600

016_600

038_600

013_600

024_600

"X" marks the spot.

045_500

roselabel-sweetlyscrapped_500

Hermann_Vogel
(Artwork: Hermann Vogel)

Up until this weekend, the cold temperatures held on for over a week.

I loved every second of it! yes

While we were enjoying this novelty cold weather, we turned on the heat while sipping either hot coffee or cappuccino. Outside, however, the deer were taking advantage of the corn we set out for them next to the gazebo and barn.

A couple times a rabbit ate with them, too.



















You cannot even begin to imagine the amount of deer tracks on our property right now.

515-16-_Sweetly_Scrapped

miscramblings blah

Greenaway350
(Artwork: Kate Greenaway)

- After reorganizing the shelves in the garage the other day, I was tidying up the little cart that we put our garden shoes on. I decided to toss my pair of shoes in the trash, seeing how they were in pretty bad shape.

Well, when I tossed them into the trash pile a bunch of deer corn fell out of one of the shoes. I guess the mouse we found in the garage the other day was the culprit. tongue I just found that kind of funny.

Not that I'm a fan of mice, mind you. (This was the first one we've ever found so close to the house). It was just a bit of a surprise to find a bunch of corn buried in an old shoe.

- The other day we couldn't find one of the phones. We looked, and looked, and looked until finally we paged it. Can you guess where we found it?

In the trash can! sm1

- It's come to my attention yet again that the Texas Lottery is evil! evil1

As has happened before, one set of our numbers were only - mostly - two digits away from matching the winning numbers.

2 (2) - 9 (11) - 12 (14) - 22 (20) - 31 (32) - 54 (51)

Our numbers I placed in parenthesis, so do you see what I mean? EVIL!

kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!