Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The Flying Jewels Return

Marjolein_Bastin_600
(Artwork: Marjolein Bastin)

The hummingbirds are back in full force. The most we've counted at one time was 15. (And that isn't counting the others at the feeders in the front yard). I think that's a record breaker!

I took some great video of them, but upon uploading them to YouTube the quality is horrific. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being the lowest, I'd give it a 0. They're that bad.

I also have a cute video of a Mama Deer and her little baby that I wanted to share. They were running like mad in the neighbor's field, until they got to a group of trees.

They've been on our land, too, and during one - of many - violent thunderstorms recently my father saw them. They were eating on the side of the road, which surprises me because this storm was vicious and the lightning was never-ending. It was only a little after 3 am when he saw them.

Since YouTube has been a brat with my videos, I decided to sign up for Vimeo but I still haven't received their verification email. I've had them resend it a few times, and it isn't even in my Spam folder.

So.... until Vimeo sends that email, all I have to share of the hummers are photos. I wish they looked better, but no matter what setting I use they look the same. (And this is a really great camera, so I know I just have a lot to learn).

515-16-_Sweetly_Scrapped

0b_600

hummer_fence_1_600

1b_600

2b_600

3b_600

4b_500

My mother came across this turtle while mowing the grass near the barn. It looked to be headed towards the neighbor's pond.

We've been seeing lots of turtles in these parts lately. We can't drive anywhere without seeing 1 or 2 of them crossing the road.

hummer_fence_2_600

4b_2_600

5b_500

5b_2_600

5b_3_600

6b_600

7b_600

More berries growing alongside our fence. We keep them there for the rabbits to eat.

9b_600

10b_500

11b_600

12b_600

fence_600

feeder_600

025_490v

017_600

032_600

027_500v

028_600

025_600

Larger Pics can be viewed HERE

I also have more pics - hummingbird and rabbits in particular - on my Facebook Page. (Listed in the sidebar). Most of my photos I post on there now. It's just easier that way.

~♥~♥~♥~♥~~♥~♥~♥~♥~

Sharing with:
I'D RATHER B BIRDIN'

ttfn_yellow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!