Thursday, August 6, 2015

Month of July Rewind

400july
(Artwork: Kelsey Garrity Riley)

As always, I have a ton more photos on my Facebook Page.

A lot of these photos had to be taken through the windows because of the humidity fogging up the lens. (Which is understandable around here. That's a Texas summer for ya).

The result of this is photos that aren't so great. resent

515-16-_Sweetly_Scrapped

023_500

010_600

Our huge group of hummers are down to about three now. The rest have moved on.

Probably away from this wretched heat! heat

029_500cr

Been seeing lots of dragonflies lately. They always come around in July. I LOVE them!!!!

Back when we lived in Burton I saw hundreds of them - literally - flying over the fields. It was such a new, surreal experience for someone that lived in suburbia all her life. yes

031_600



034_600

Those little specks are dragonflies.

006_600

breakfast_600cr

The dogs quietly begging for breakfast. Aren't they sweet?

050_600

020_600

Gotta feed the little ones. (And we have PLENTY of spiders around here. Too many to be perfectly honest. You can't take one step without several of at least the tiny ones crawling about. The insects are out of control this summer).

roadrunner_500

This roadrunner has been hanging out on our property for a while. Awesome!!!

I wonder if this is its hunting spot? It would get a good vantage point up there to see all the lizards. (And we have LOTS of them. I think that's probably what brings the snakes around the most).

009_600

fave_toy

This is Abby's newest favorite toy. It came from the children's toy section. tongue She loves it so much because it's interactive. (When you pull the string it vibrates).



012_600

abigail_500

I finally got around to getting Abby a sling carrier. She loves it! She even started falling asleep in it.

013_600

021_600

Please, Neighbor, CUT YOUR GRASS and BRING BACK THE COWS!!! girl_cray2 (The tall grass is probably what brought two snakes around recently. Two of our neighbors' acreage is in desperate need of mowing).

002_600

Photos can't show how GINORMOUS this stick bug was. I've seen a lot of big one's here, but this one.... a dinosaur.

014_600

003_600

I was surprised to see a stinger on this thing. I'm not sure I've ever seen that before.

Or maybe it just looks like a stinger?

052_600

I can hear babies in the bluebird house again!

007_600

susan_branch_july
(Artwork: Susan Branch)

011_600

Been seeing a few frogs around here lately.

There are a couple of little one's that love our tomato plants in particular.

005_600

003_600_HUMMER

The wasps around here are so mean! They - and the bees - love to chase us. Little Abby is terrified of them.



004_600

One of our trees is finally growing, but its poor leaves are always drooping in this heat. It's hanging in there though! I talk to it everyday.

003_600_FOG_2

004_600_FOG

Another foggy morning, sans the neighbors cows. (Insert Crying Jag). I really miss the sight of the cattle.

515-16-_Sweetly_Scrapped

600mm

Fourth of July Weekend out here was pretty dull, unless you're a crow that enjoys a rare treat of watermelon!

v024_450

010_600_BLUEBIRD

031_600_REDBIRD

008_600

026_600

029_600



001_600

Dear old Dad... with Mom's pink BB-gun in hand and wearing her Mickey Mouse shirt..... waiting for a snake to come out from around the water barrel.

Hilarious! I can't make this stuff up. tongue-1

Luckily, we think the snake was a harmless one and we never saw it again. (For the record, I'm against killing the non-poisonous snakes even though I'm terrified of them all).

v022_450

033_600

v006_450

FYI: It took about a month for me to write this post. WHY do I bother when no one sees it? scratch

ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!