Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Simple Fall Decor / A Rainy Week

AutumnWishes
(Artwork: Gretchen Ellen Powers)

“It was November--the month of crimson sunsets, parting birds, deep, sad hymns of the sea, passionate wind-songs in the pines. Anne roamed through the pineland alleys in the park and, as she said, let that great sweeping wind blow the fogs out of her soul.”

~ L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

I didn't really do much fall decorating this year, and what's shared below is the only thing I bothered taking photos of at all.

I think next year I'll do a lot more.

The photos of the little deer shadowbox/vignette isn't technically a fall decoration either.  It's just a little something I made a while back and which reminds me of fall.

I just wish the real deal would visit us in reality for a sweet change!

515Divider1-SweetlyScrapped

1

2

3

4

5

6

susan_branch_line

video pumpkin







sb_fall





600div
rainy

1_CATTLE

2_CATTLE

3_BIRD

4_CATTLE

5_BIRD

6_DONKEYS

Each night, when the neighbor's new donkeys see us outside, they slowly walk up to the fence and just quietly - and very patiently - wait for us to feed them their carrots.

These two really are just the sweetest things. They're really gentle. The donkey the neighbor's used to have - "Hugs" - kept to herself. (I swear she thinks she's a cow).

But these two.... SWEET!

7

8

9

10

11

12

13

We just learned that “Fudge” the donkey now has a new name. It’s “Pedro.”

Personally, I’d have chosen to name him something cute like “Kisses.” That way there’s “Hershey” and “Kisses.” These two are inseparable, so it would be nice if their names complimented one another.

They are SPOILED by the way. Even the new neighbors next to us spoil them.

14

515-16-SweetlyScrapped

564

It was another drizzly morning, but I was glad of it for so many reasons.  It was a beautiful day.

I feel blessed.
1_CATTLE_2

2_MOON

3_CATTLE

4_CATTLE_2

kr_fall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!