Thursday, February 25, 2010

Oh Happy Day!

At Market Street I finally used my Border's gift card on those books that I wanted.

I still need 2 other books by this author, plus a short story:

ttrvl

I am so glad I had a gift card for these, otherwise I'd never have bought them. $7 for a paperback is a little ridiculous. I guess I'm getting old b/c I remember when PB's were $3 and $4. (Nowadays, the USED one's cost that).

And don't get me started on the hardcovers! I still haven't read KMM's latest book b/c I'm waiting for the paperback. The HC at Borders today was $26, and that's before tax!

Oh! The checker at Border's today was this sweet old man. (He had a strange accent, so understanding him was a little hard at times). He held up my gift card, and said - "You know what this means, right? It means that someone loves you very much." Lol! Of course, he then mentioned how because I spent over a certain amount, then I can buy this little stuffed animal bunny rabbit for just $7.

Umm.... After buying 4 books that cost over $30 - even with a gift card plus a few dollars over - I'd better get that darn rabbit FOR FREE!

rhood0025

But he was really sweet.

Before even handing me my Bag-'O-Scottish-Alpha Males, he told me not only to have a good day today, but to have a good day today "and every single day after that." Lol!

kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!