Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Successful Mission

books_-_may_26_2011

- At the antique gallery the other day imagine my surprise when they had books there that were actually on my list. I mean they had THE books from MY LIST! Do you have any idea how monumental that trip was for me? While tossing book after book into that little arm basket I was actually wishing I would stop seeing familiar titles from my list on those shelves because the cost just kept increasing... but then I'd see Heaven all over again in the form of a book title and I heard myself praying they'd have more titles to add from the same author.

I wound up buying 10 books total; 8 which were on my list and 2 which I just picked up out of curiosity.

Alert... Alert: After MONTHS of reading no more than a few pages of random books which were total bores, I FINISHED A BOOK TODAY! This reading slump has lasted so very long, and I started to feel like I'd never get out of it.

The book which jump started my 'bookwormishness' back into existence was "You Had Me At Goodbye" by Jane Blackwood. It was the first book my greedy hands grabbed hold of. It wasn't on my list, and I'd never even heard of the author.

The first half of the book was okay. Nothing fantastic, but it held my interest. After that, I couldn't wait to finish it. This story would have been better if it had been 100 pages less. There just wasn't much going on except me waiting... and waiting... and waiting for these two knuckleheads to confess their feelings and stop assuming things. It was just the same thing over and over again; like watching a hamster running on a little wheel, getting nowhere for hours and hours. If this book was a hamster on that stupid wheel, I would have wished for it to have fallen off, just to break the endless monotony.

It's a romance novel. The reader knows there's going to be some happily-ever-aftering going on by the end, but halfway through it seriously felt like I was watching paint dry. Orange paint dry. (My least favorite color. I know that's a poor example, but it's all my pounding head can come up with for now).

- Kinda mad at myself for what I bought with my Michael's gift card. Now I only have $6.45 left.

kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!