Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Talent I don't have...

gen

I think it's safe to say that KMM is pretty much a genius. She's the only author that could ever get me to read Urban Fantasy.

Yesterday I finished reading Dreamfever, and today I started Shadowfever.

I'm reading SF on Mom's Kindle. I've never read from an E-reader before, as I'm pretty much Anti-Ebook. Unless I'm traveling on a plane, I just don't see the draw. I prefer the real thing in my hands.

But Mom already had that book on her Kindle, so I figured I'd read it there instead of waiting for the paperback release August 30th. I'll just buy the paperback for my collection later.

Honestly, I'm not into this genre in the slightest - normally I hate it actually - but it's the CHARACTERS Karen creates that has me so hooked. I like V'lane all right, but its Barrons I'm drawn to. I don't care for how the 'not a human' ordeal worked out so far, but again... that's just the genre I don't care for. The character - Barrons in human form - I love a lot.

When a person isn't a fan of a particular genre, yet they read that genre for hours on end, I think that proves that the author is one VIRTU-flippin'-OSO Storyteller!

By the way, I wish I knew how to use Voice. If I did, I'd voice my two dogs to stop barking at everything that moves or makes the slightest sound. They drove me batty today with their noise.

Guess I'll get back to reading. I'm on Ch. 25 now. I'm almost halfway there to being able to read the Shadowfever forums and Facebook pages! I always try to stay away from those, for fear of running into spoilers.

kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!