
I would have had an assignment today at school, but I was afraid this teacher was also a boy's PE coach. I'm kind of sad about not being at the schools today b/c it's their last day before Thanksgiving holiday. They're off all of next week. (When I was in school we never had a long holiday like that).
Anyway, the day wasn't a total loss because I went to the antique mall. I was hoping and praying that they'd still have that anthology that I so stupidly placed back on the shelf that time. Thankfully, The Gods of Smut were on my side because the book was still there! I was so HAPPY!!!!
The only other book they had on my list was one which I read a review of recently. It's a Beauty and the Beast type story, and this reviewer absolutely fell in love with it. I'm a sucker for anything similar to B&B or Phantom, so I was thrilled they had it.
After the antique mall, I got an iced mocha from McDonald's. Oh, it was sooo goood. They just don't taste the same when you make them at home.
I guess I'm not difficult to please b/c that iced mocha and two used books made my day. (And let's not forget this lovely weather. Today and the last couple night's it was actually cool! It's such a relief b/c it was getting pretty hot and humid again. Right now, at 3:30 pm it's 68 degrees. It isn't going to be as cold tonight though, so that's upsetting. I think it's gonna be 60... which is actually cooler than the norm).
The only thorn in my otherwise perfect day was that I didn't see one book which I had listed on my Books List. I had a star by it and everything, yet I didn't see it b/c that book list is such a mess now. I need to reprint it b/c this isn't the first time this has happened. I really hope they didn't have that book, b/c I want it so badly. I read a fantastic review about it.
My only consolation in not having this book is that I'm not really a fan of Regency's. I prefer my Highlanders and some genres of paranormal. (As in no vampires or shape shifters).
And I was shocked that out of the THREE shelves of Nora Robert's books they didn't have the ONE book on my list. I'm not a Nora Robert's fan, but come on... 3 shelves/1 book, and they didn't have it?!
I saw some really silly and ridiculous cover art on some books today. That drives me crazy!!!! That's why I'm a fan of Kurland, Mayhue and Chapman's novels. Their cover art almost never has people on them; just really pretty scenery of a castle, etc. It leaves a lot more to the imagination. Besides, 9 times out of 10 the people on the covers don't look anything like the characters are described in the books. That's always bothered me.
- Well, darn. I just read one of the short stories in that anthology. It was so bad that I kind of skimmed it in parts. Very disappointed. I hope at least one story in there will be good.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:
- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.
As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!