
If you celebrated Halloween this year, I trust you're just now coming down from your sugar high? Or were you the victim of your own progeny waiting until you fell asleep Halloween night to steal all your candy?
Did the neighborhood children even trick-or-treat at your house? If not, does this mean you ate all the tootsie rolls and mini bags of M&M's yourself?
Did you eat so much candy that leprechauns starting jumping out at you from the flowers on the living room rug? If so, you might want to rethink eating another peanut butter cup for breakfast.
I think Halloween is one of the funnest holidays, so I hope your neighborhood streets were fair to bursting with trick-or-treaters this year, clutching a pillowcase of caramels and Reeses Pieces.
We had a fair amount of those, as well as a few tractor beds filled with trick-or-treaters. That was a first in our neighborhood. I thought it was really neat!

What wasn't neat, however, was that there was a group of PROTESTORS screaming their opinions about how evil Halloween is over their megaphones. Thank goodness - as in good for them - they never did disturb the peace on our street, although I could still hear them. It was difficult not to, since this is a gated community and there are only so many places around here for them to go.

I just cannot understand people like this, trying to ruin a fun little holiday and blowing it out of proportion to suit THEIR brainwashed/uneducated agendas. Halloween doesn't have to be all Chainsaw Massacre-ish, ya know. It can be just campy and fun.
I can only imagine how confused they must feel when those Peanuts holiday cartoons air on television every year. First, Linus sits in the sincerest of pumpkin patches, waiting for something as blasphemous as The Great Pumpkin. (Ya gotta love that Linus and his unwavering faith in The Great Pumpkin... and then Sally's faith in Linus. After all, she thinks he's "the cutest thing" and "has the nicest sense of humor").

"Tonight the Great Pumpkin will rise out of the pumpkin patch. He flies through the air and brings toys to all the children of the world." - Linus Van Pelt
Then once December rolls around he's standing on a stage, telling Charlie Brown what Christmas is all about. How could Linus Van Pelt be the #1 fan of a corrupt pumpkin that brings toys to all the children of the world, yet also speak of angels and shepherds and goodwill towards men?

I just hope these people stay off our lawn if we have a blow up Santa Claus in our yard this year. I have a sneaking suspicion that they think Santa and his flying reindeer are just as blasphemous as decorating your front porch with grinning jack-o-lanterns and black cats while you sing along to Monster Mash. The bearded man says "Ho-Ho-Ho" and climbs down chimneys into people's homes at night while they're sleeping for cripe's sake.
How twisted, how immoral, how diabolical!
And did you notice the Victorian postcard I posted at the beginning of this post? You see those four little children clasping hands around that grinning jack-o-lantern?
Pray for them, folks, as these little girls are shamelessly pleading for you to come to The Dark Side. Come to the Dark Side, because they have cookies!
Sugar cookies shaped like ghosts and little green Frankenstein's.

Is it just me, or does he sort of look like Snape?
Well--- Halloween Party Poopers aside, it was a pretty nice evening. Exhausting, but nice. Our neighbors really kept us entertained. Penny was in a really good mood. First, as the night is winding down, she whistles at us from across the street. Mom answers, and this is their short conversation:

Apparently, she ran out of candy before we did.
We always buy too much candy, because some Halloween's the trick-or-treaters that come by just don't stop coming around... but that's okay. Even when it's a slow night, the neighbors are always more than happy to steal some sugar loot for themselves.FYI, I lost count on how many times I heard these two sentences Halloween night:

- "Man, y'all always have the best candy!"
- (Staring in awe at our bubble fogger) "I need that!"
Quite a few parents had trouble getting their kids away from that bubble fogger to do more trick or treating. They LOVED it! Of course, the adults loved it just as much. I guess a lot of people have never seen one before. We ordered ours online, at Grandin Road I believe.
I almost forgot, but this was pretty funny too. When it comes to the neighbors across the street, Penny always makes jokes about how she never sees me. If you can think of a joke... any joke... that could be used here I'm sure she's said it. (I've even been called a vampire, because she says I only come out at night).

So Halloween night, Mom says that when she went over there Penny was in a real good mood. She looked at Mom and said, "God! I just LOVE Halloween! I love it because every year it comes, and every year I get to see Kristin."


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:
- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.
As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!