Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Looney Tunes

 photo 1stbfly_sulamithwulfing.jpg
 (Artwork: Sulamith Wulfing)
 
Why is it so difficult to find a paranormal forum that is positive and full of people that search for scientific explanations first? And whatever happened to thinking for yourself? What about being openminded, yet skeptical at the same time? Skepticism does have it's place.
 
Off and on, for about a year now, I've been searching for just such a forum. I honestly think it doesn't exist. I was just looking at this one site which I visit every once in a while, and what did I see on one of the backposts? In a million years you would never guess, so I'll just let the cat out this bag right now.
 
There was a post where this person claimed they remembered being, and I quote: Moses, Buddha, Solomon, Merlin, The Venerable Bede, Simon De Montfort, Sir Thomas Moore, Mozart and Dion Fortune.
 
Wuh? You mean you weren't Elvis or Captain Kangaroo, too? (Ooh, if not I am so sorry. Better luck next time, eh?)
 
So not only was this person claiming to have been nine famous figures, and not once just an average person without fame, but someone else reading their post took great offense. And why you ask? Well how about because Merlin's ghost himself "came through" another poster to voice their thoughts on this person claiming to be them; err.... claiming to be "Merlin," that is.
 
  photo z276598.gif, you say?! Well not according to dear old Merlin, whom was quite outraged at this travesty of a person pretending (or truly believing) to have been him in a past life. 
 
By the way, this particular person has lots of strange posts like that. We're talking ideas that make the strangest, most colorful science fiction look normal. Someone even made a post once, asking what to do to get rid of a spirit in your house. Their reply was so outlandish that the moderators edited it. In short, they said their bedroom sits on top of some portal where there is menial slave labor going on from an ancient alien race, and that if they didn't protect themselves their soul would be damaged.
 
I also came across a post where someone shared their suspicion that they were a cactus in their past life, and would appreciate a reading to confirm this. Yes, A CACTUS! (Hmm... how can one remember being vegetation? As far as I know, cacti don't have brains. They don't reason or think). I seriously thought this poster was joking at first, but then came all these replies where they were practically salivating over the awe and wonder that one could recall their past life as a cactus in some Arizona desert of long ago.
 
Then there's this one member who is pretending to be two people; two sisters to be exact. (I can't believe more people haven't caught on to this yet). Their views are really strange and preachy, but they're also more childish than anything. (Sorry I can't come up with a nicer word). They're also obsessed with posting on just one particular forum, and their hideous grammar matches to a T. (The same words are always misspelled). They even post the same in that they'll express their thoughts not in just one single post before waiting for replies, but in one post after another. Apparently, these two "sisters" don't believe in using the 'Edit Post' button to add thoughts which occur to them just seconds after hitting the 'Reply' button.
 
 So what are the odds that their bad grammar, strange way of posting, and obsession with just one topic/forum on this site parallel exactly?
 
That's some coincidence for two sisters, don't you think? I mean, my brother was married to a twin, and even she and her sister didn't misspell the same words, share the same likes & dislikes & habits.
 
So yeah.... it's time to find a paranormal/spiritual forum that I'm comfortable with. A forum filled with people that don't think they were a No. 2 pencil in their past life all because they have this supposed horrific memory of some evil brat with peanut butter & jelly stuck to his face, forcefully jamming their head... I suspect that would be the eraser part... into the gears of an electric pencil sharpener.
 
It isn't any wonder that some people don't take the paranormal very seriously. I've experienced some strange things in my life, many of which are still a mystery to me and some which MADE me a believer in certain areas, but I ALWAYS look for the logical explanation first. Always. If it made enough of an impression on me, I try to write it down for future reference but I don't instantly jump to the most outlandish conclusion.
 
And to be honest, I think that a lot of what we label as "paranormal" is really just an unknown science which is unexplored for the time being. A lot of these things ARE REAL, only we don't fully understand them yet.
kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!