Sunday, November 30, 2014

"Hang up who-boo-hoo bricks!"

hph400
(Artwork: Susan Wheeler)

Putting up the Christmas decorations these days is a lot more difficult than it used to be.

This will be our second Christmas at Crick Hollow... (we moved here just a couple days before Thanksgiving)... and because it's so much smaller than our last house... putting up the Christmas decorations can be tricky.

The house we lived in in Spring... (not the season, but the town; near the Woodlands area)... was a two-story with cathedral ceilings and a lot of space. There were high windows, one which was so large we were able to put together a Christmas scene up there. We even had a gallery overlooking the downstairs. I MISS that overlook like you would not believe. It was so beautiful.

In this itty-bitty house I don't even have room to put together my beloved Christmas Village! (Photos of the Christmas Village I'll have to share in a later post because I'm still searching for them).

Because I miss that beautiful house so much, I've decided to share some photos of what Christmas looked like there.

FYI: The stone owl beneath the tree in some of the photos was a Christmas gift for my mother. It weighs A TON - so much so that you have to use a dolly to move it - so it stayed there for quite a while.

candycaneline2

a4_600

wilson600-1
(Meet "Wilson")

sleighdeer2600

4_600

a1_600

maddiekate_400

nicholas2_600
(Meet "Nicholas")

book_600

tree5_600

fp3_600

1_600

sn4_600

Snowpeople: Winston... Chester Pennebrygg Bartleby... Chloe... Silly Sally... Mae

Snowbirds: Tildy, Topper

tea1_600

2148_600

v2_400

wt1_600

clockmice2_600

bemerry_600

tree2_600

snowpeople600

cb_400

6_600
(Meet "Sweet William"... "Danny" and "Uncle Harold"... "Sassy" the Squirrel... "Nicholas"... "Wadsworth")

wt3_600

a3mini_600
(I love the "Miniaturize" feature)

claus_600

window_600

diningroom_600

2103_600

v8_400

snwmn600

Snowman with scarf: "Sweet William"

Snowpeople on bike: "Danny" and "Uncle Harold"

tree6_600

reindeer_600
(I spy "HIDDEN MICKEY" ears!)

tea3_600

wt2_600

light_400

2_600

doyle_400
(Meet "Doyle," Dudley's Twin Brother)

34_600

love_600

sleighdeer600

fp1_600

book2_600

fp4_600

v5_400

clockmice1_600

sn3_600

v7_400

tree1_600

ski_600

plate_600

foyer4_600

5_400v

foyer2_600

Snowpeople: Davey, Gilbert, Conner, Caleb, Milton

Dog: Toby

a5_600

sleigh2_600

v3_400

snowman_600

2024_600

014_600

snowpeople_600

mouse_400

sn2_600

grinch_600

021_600

115_600

031_600

v4izzy_400

clockmice_561

sn_600

candles_600

tree4_600

doves_400

fp2_600

snowmen_600

foyer1_600

bird1_579

Dudley_400
(Meet "Dudley," Doyle's Twin Brother)

gazebo_600

37_600

a2_600

3_600

tree3_600

foyer3_600

Click HERE to view photos in original size

ttfn_yellow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!