Thursday, March 31, 2016

The New Neighbors

country_sb

This entry I started to post a while back but our internet is limited and it's been disappearing fast.

I think they've been cheating us out of our allotted time for the past two months, so we're going to try to switch to someone else. It's just kind of hard because out here e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g is pretty limited/slim pickings.

But anyway, the neighbors now have another newborn calf! It was born March 18th, the day after Saint Patrick's Day.

I pretty much saw it just as it was born, and oh boy was it cute how CURIOUS some of the cows were. The donkey, two Mama cows, and then one of the babies came right up to them.

It was like watching Disney's Bambi cartoon.

image

image

image

image

image

When the new baby was born, the bull watched in the distance.



Update: The new heifers and babies (brown and white) joined the herd on Easter Sunday!

image

image

image

image



image

image

image



image

image

mamas_600

image

Just a few pics from the Antique Show as well as the bluebonnets.

I only wish the pics were of better quality. I think I've messed up the cameras settings somehow.

f2_600

ftn_600

JG_Dad

That's the Junk Gypsie's Dad in the cowboy hat. I was just filming the sights at the antique show in Round Top when... there he is.

We also saw him at Tractor Supply the other day. We've seen his daughters and granddaughter a few times, too. It's kind of weird seeing people from tv in real life, yet at the same time it feels so normal.

f3_600

deer_600



f4_600

bb_600

image

And more photos and vids... just because.

foggy_sunrise_600

guard_600
Lately the bull has looked like he's guarding the one cow that hasn't yet given birth. He usually has nothing to do with the herd, so it's unusual behavior.

beans_600cr

My brother's dog looves the water!

foggy_sunrise_2_600

sq_600



vultures_2_600

neighbors_600

foggy_sunrise_5_600



bull_500v

morning_600

foggy_sunrise_4_600

bull_and_babies_600

Papa Bull and two of his kids.



vultures_600

sq_2_600

foggy_sunrise_3_600

babies2_600

bull_and_baby_600

We still don't know how one of the neighbor's older white-faced cows died. (She was one of his first cows and more like a pet, so it's pretty sad).

Her baby (our first white-faced) hasn't been seen since, so... I have no idea what happened. I do worry about what happened to it.

ttfn_yellow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!