
(Artwork: Unknown)
- Most of these pics were taken yesterday. It was a Saturday filled with yard work.
- Abby had a fun day. First, she befriended a fuzzy caterpillar and then about 30 seconds later she found a new rock to play with. Double Score!
- "Pedro" had lots of fun enjoying his dirt bath in his favorite spot beneath the tree.
- The newest baby birds that we have are just about the noisiest little one's ever!













Today's Adventure, aka Mama to the Rescue!

(Artwork: Molly Brett)
We received a lot of rain for the first half of today. Mom saw that 4 of the new baby chickadee's were on the ground, soaking wet and cold. (It really isn't even cool outside - it hasn't been for over a month now - but these little birds are teensy). We warmed them up, then put them back in the nesting box with their sibling that was still in there. We also made a little perch for the Mom.
A little later a bluebird nearby, with babies of her own, investigated and the Mama Chickadee finally returned.
They all seem strong.... except for one, which is pretty sad. I really don't think that one will make it. It would barely move, while it's siblings - especially one of them - was just chattering away.
I think they're still too young to be learning to fly, especially in the pouring rain, so I think they must have tumbled out of the box.
I have a short video of the babies and Mom, but I can't upload any videos just yet. I've already met my weekly quota.






FYI: Today's little adventure reminded me of when we rescued "Fievel" the bluebird back in 2009. What's strange to us is that the day we rescued him was Easter, and a HUGE thunderstorm with HEAVY winds blew through. It was like tropical storm weather. Thank Goodness it never got that bad here today, although in Austin I hear it got pretty bad. 80 mph winds I think.
I wrote a post about our sweet little Fievel once. If interested in reading about it, click HERE. You won't regret it.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:
- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.
As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!