Sunday, July 30, 2017

Photobucket is EVIL, but have some tea

brian paterson

- About a month ago I opened up my blog, only to discover that the photos had disappeared. My entire blog was littered with ugly ass grey squares.

On that particular blog I had transferred a lot of my old posts from waaaay back when, and then posted new stuff for FOUR LONG YEARS.

And now? Now it's all gone. I've been using Photobucket for AT LEAST 14 YEARS, and now they're holding everyone's photos HOSTAGE for the hefty price tag of $400 a year. That's right. They didn't even give a warning that this was going to happen.

And people desperate enough to pay that ransom still can't access a lot of their photos. Mark my words, Crapbucket will be dead in a few months. The ads alone on their site have been a nightmare for at least the past year.

Now, I would have been fine with their new "terms of service" agreement over 3rd party hosting if they had just done the right thing and left the old accounts alone!!! Thanks to what they've done, EVERY SINGLE BLOG OF MINE has been rendered useless. What they've done is bordering on diabolical!!!!!

I was pretty darn livid over all of this. I still am angry, but I decided to use my powers of anger for good by completely fixing a few of my other blogs. It wasn't easy, but I was determined to at least save those few blogs. I managed to rescue my dreams blog, my old pets blog, my old siggie/wallpapers blog, and my Patrick blog.

As for my main blog, may it rest in peace. sm

I cannot possibly fix thousands of broken picture links on that blog. It pains me so much to see it all gone!

- This has been the view in front of our house for a week now.

rd2_600

rd_600

And NOTHING seems to be getting done on that road. I think these people are being paid by the hour, so they're just biding their time day in and day out.

- In other news, for health reasons I've been experimenting with trying not to drink coffee anymore.

I'm not gonna lie. There are days when I break down and will have decaf, but at the end of the day I'm trying not to obsess over it. I'm not even sure it makes a difference, but just for peace of mind I've been thinking of getting one of those little cold brew coffee filters. They're not expensive and what they do is basically take out all the acids found in coffee.

But, as I said, I don't think it really matters.

250_tea

Yesterday I had my very first cup of hot tea with milk. Never in my life have I ever poured milk in tea, but I was surprised that I didn't hate it. Chamomile is the safest tea to drink, so that's what I tried.

It's nothing like having a cappuccino, or a yummy frappuccino for that matter, but it's nice being able to have a warm drink every single day.

- We had to pet sit my brother and SIL's dogs again while they went on vacation.

pet sit_600

"Beans" and "Crunchy" are their names. "Beans," as always, was like my mother's shadow. He is OBSESSED with her whenever his Mommy and Daddy aren't with him. Mom is most definitely his security blanket.

Lucky for him, he and his sister returned home yesterday.

- I think I've been spoiling one of our squirrels lately.

sq_600

This squirrel is not in danger of going hungry anytime soon. This little guy has been packing away the peanuts like crazy.

The birds have even been going so crazy at the feeders lately that we have sunflowers popping up.

sflwr_600

Which I actually love.

- One of the neighbor's cows gave birth just a couple weeks ago.

summer baby_474

This means it's a SUMMER BABY!

We were so shocked to find a fourth calf, just a couple days old. It was so strange seeing a new baby, not in the spring but summer.

- And now for the weather report. Here's how it was yesterday.

july 29

And it will be exactly the same today, and the next, and the next.... ad nauseum.

I've noticed the deer coming out a lot earlier lately, to get a drink from the neighbor's pond.

deer family_600

upd

And here it is now 5 pm and here's the report.

101 - 111

That's summer for ya, but the good news about being in the midst of the hottest part of the season is that we're nearing that finish line and headed towards autumn.

Well, autumn in the 80's but that's better than the triple digits coupled with that hellish humidity.

- We had a surprise rain shower the other day. We only had a 10% chance of rain that day, but it poured.

It was l-o-v-e-l-y!

rbw_600

- Since I am still so incredibly angry - FUMING even - over what Crapbucket has done to my blog, I've decided that from now on this new Blog O' Mine will be a lot different and posted in a lot less. Few people read my old blog, and even fewer will find this one.

There will be photos and video from time to time, but overall I'm just going to share those elsewhere. The videos can be seen on Vimeo, and the photos I'll place elsewhere and on Facebook as I've always done.

I already have tons of photos on Flickr, but I always worry about using too much memory. I don't want to go over the storage limit of photos that can be uploaded for free.

And speaking of this new blog, I wanted my post titles text to be a color but for some odd reason it's also making my page text a color and underlined; like a link. Even adding a CSS Code doesn't help. I'm really familiar with Blogger, so it's a mystery to me why it's doing that. It might be the code links I'm using with the new photo storage place, but the text is behaving differently on this blog than the others. No matter what I do, it's messed up in some way, shape or form.

Also, I can't go between 'Compose' and 'HTML' without it completely pushing everything to the left. That means I can't ever use different colors for the text, underline, change the font size, etc.... unless I copy/paste the codes myself.

I happen to find that ridiculous, so yet again.... I surrender to the evil Techy Gods of the internet. You win again.

kristin

6 comments:

  1. First of all, if you really want Readers/Comments, you have to go Read/Comment in other blogs. Not a lot, lot, lot of blogs...

    I have FINALLY learned, that I will be happy, with a few comments, on each post. The bloggers who Comment on my posts, I follow back. And Read/Comment on theirs.

    Yes, that is tit-for-tat, but so be it. I have accomplished as MUCH as I CAN, by not fusssssing, over lack of Comments. >,-)

    Welcome back!!!!

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should not even put it out, into the Universe but.... I don't even know, what I "use," to hold blogging photos. All I know is, I put photos/pics into my iPhoto thing, on my iMac. Then put them up, on my blog(s).

    What are you using now, to put the little illustration, and the weather pic, on here?

    If you have other places, where you already "put" photos/etc., than it makes sense, to put them there. I don't have FB. Nor do I do videos, so I only have my blog, and my IG.

    IG, I also keep "small." Only 'Follow' a few other IG's. So I can read/comment on them. Not just "like." And it is not overpowering.

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondering 'why' you are trying, to live without caffeine? Or coffee acids? What are your unhappy symptoms, if I may be so bold as to ask? Maybe acid reflux?

    I can not drink/eat caffeine, because it messes with my Mitrol Valve Prolapse, or however it is spelled.

    But for YEARS, I had all sorts of IBS and problems with everything, in my tummy. I gave up gluten. I stopped lactose. And I was *CURED*!!! Of tummy issues, and acid reflux and etc.

    Soooo, naturally, whenever I hear of anyone, who has any sort of tummy issues, I want to suggest..... Give up lactose/gluten for 3 weeks. Try it! If you feel like a new person, you will be happy to learn how to live that way!!!!!!!!!!!

    Just sayin'.......

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  4. - I no longer care about the number of comments. I came to terms with that years ago. I prefer genuine comments over the more superficial ones, although it was difficult coming to terms with the amount of time it took to edit and post my photos and no one really sees them. (Of course, now that's no problem since I'm just going to put the better photos elsewhere).

    - The photos site I'm using now (for the illustrations and lower quality pics) is "Postimage." The better ones I place on Facebook and sometimes Flickr.

    - The health crap is related to perimenopause. (Oh Joy). I might have some symptoms of Interstitial Cystitis. (A couple years ago I got so bad I literally had to use a cane to walk. I think that was a really, really bad flare up back then. I've no idea. I actually caved and went to the doctor later, but it was a complete waste of time). I'm trying to rise above it, so for the most part I just don't talk about it and am going the natural route. (Supplements and the like).

    ReplyDelete
  5. July 31... Hey, I am back this morning, and you have more pics here!!!! >,-)

    Why don't I have to use anything, to put my pics, on my blog, or IG?

    It's your bod and your business... But I believe in doctors, when necessary. And pain, makes them necessary, for me. :-)

    Now to make you really mad at me!!!! -gigggles- I had very, very, very little menopause issues. :-) -running, ducking, and hiding-

    Happy Lughnasa!!!!!
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've obviously had very different experiences when it comes to doctors. lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!