Thursday, August 24, 2017

Thursday Rambling and Venting

Joy_Laforme
(Artwork: Joy Laforme)

I've been painstakingly trying to place my old blog posts inside this new blog, but decided to take a break.

I doubt it'll be worth it because it'll probably happen again with this new image hosting site.

I actually have loads of new video and pics that I haven't even uploaded yet. The hummers and bluebirds have been c-r-a-z-y lately!

bb_600



hb_600



Also, another calf was born a few weeks ago. That makes TWO new SUMMER babies instead of just spring babies. Also, the neighbor sold his old bull for some reason and got a new one. This new one isn't a monster like the ones he used to have, but he is awesome because he's red with a white face and has horns.

500_bull

I should probably concentrate on all those pics and videos, but instead I'm going to just ramble today. blah

Which means either grab the aspirin or walk away.

heart_gold

harvey_text 21

600_h

Even though we no longer live in the more southern areas of Texas as we used to - Houston, Pearland, and then the Spring/Woodlands area - we are in what's considered South Central Texas.

The Giddings/La Grange area...


Yes, the actual town from the ZZ Top song La Grange. kg-1

.....but technically we're in Warda. (It's a little weird because we're basically in the middle of two counties. Our home address is listed in one county, and our PO Box another).

They say that with this evil SOB named "Harvey," our area could get 50-80 mph winds at the low end, or 110-115 mph winds at the high.

Also anywhere between 10 and 20 inches of rain.

upd

So now they're saying there could be up to 36" in some areas!

No, No, No, No, Hell Nooooo!!!!!

So even having moved up more north, to the beginning of the hill country, we're still in the hurricane's path. Even San Antonio is in this SOB's path!

Mom and I just about killed ourselves this afternoon moving the patio furniture to the barn and craft building. It is soooo wickedly hot out there right now.

108

Okay, so those temps were from last week but it's still just as hot now. (Let me just put it this way. On the most humid days, our dryer is filled with water because of the moisture). It's the humidity that will kill ya, and Mom has to be extra careful because she's had heat stroke before. It happened back during one OCTOBER! My cousin got it that year, too.

I gotta be honest. I am petrified of losing our electricity during this storm, and then there's the fact that where we live now we're on a septic system. Gotta say... I am WORRIED over that.

During our last hurricane, back when we lived in the Spring/Woodland's area, our plumbing was fine - Thank God! - but we did lose our electricity for two weeks. 15 days to be exact. (We also almost had to cancel our October Disney World trip for Mom's birthday). It was really miserable. Even our pets got sick for a bit there, because it was so hot not having an air conditioner.

All our dogs are elderly now - especially Maddie - so that bothers me too.

Also, back during Hurricane Ike we were able to use our stove, but where we live now we won't.

And get this--- we've had these rain barrels for years, and just TODAY we found one of them lying on the ground, and the drain pipe connected to it is so lose it had to be taken down.

We really could have used that rain barrel during this damned hurricane!

Oh! I almost forgot. Mom said she just saw a roadrunner over on the neighbor's property next door.

image

ECLIPSE_TX

The eclipse on the 21st was awesome! It was only at 66% here, or so they say.

I'm not sure it was even that much, personally, but it was still neat. It didn't get dark or anything though, which I would have loved to see.

I really wanted to see how the animals would react to sudden darkness; the neighbor's cattle, donkeys, and our hummingbirds. It would have been interesting to see.

What's really neat is that at 2 am that day, I still hadn't fallen asleep and could hear an owl out in the front yard. I never hear them, so that was so cool!

It was especially neat because I heard it in the wee hours of the morning on the day that the eclipse was to happen. The timing humored me.

The next eclipse, in 2024, is supposed to be a total eclipse here. Hooray!!!

image

355

A few random thoughts on what I'm seeing in the media these days:

Usually I stray away from this kind of thing, but I doubt anyone will read this and I am filtering myself.

- Firing a sports announcer because his NAME is Robert Lee? I hope he sues them for everything they have.

- Crybaby newscasters again? Can you say D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-I-O-N? giggle

Anyone else notice that their tears always seem to possess the power of invisibility? Amazing stuff.

Love the kleenex prop. tongue I'm afraid it didn't quite execute the desired results though.

If they want to do this right, they need some serious acting lessons. I can understand why it is that the Cartoon Network has higher ratings. The "news" has turned into a D-Class soap opera.



It's always manufactured emotions with these people. Nothing is real. Everything with them is payment and staging.

It's staged, and then they recycle the same identity politics over and over and over again. They repeat the lies so much that the gullible sheep believe them.

It's so sad, and so pathetic, but also dangerous.

- So UT in Austin removed all their confederate statues from their campus. Well that's no surprise at all.

It's because Austin is very liberal. Their motto is "Keep Austin Weird," and they actually view that little slogan as something to be proud of. roll

Initially, I was upset that they got rid of the statues, but then I felt better because I'd rather they remain undamaged and at least be moved somewhere where they're actually appreciated.

What bothered me the most was that they removed them under dark of night, like a bunch of cowards. They didn't even take a vote! If something would just be done about the Deep State and these hate groups, none of this would be happening.

It's just so ridiculous. In place of each Confederate statue, they'll probably pitch up "safe space" tents filled with teddy bears to hug, or hot chocolate stations.

These are the dumbest, the most childish, the most ridiculous children to walk the face of this earth. They have far too much time on their hands as well. GROW UP!

I bet these students don't even know how many states there are. They probably couldn't even spot North America on a map. They don't have enough brain juice to even know who George Washington is.

People talk about how important it is to remember our history - which is true - but these particular individuals can't forget what they never knew in the first place.

I'm growing really tired of these colicky, spoiled brats. Would you know that one student said Trump was going to start WW2? Um yeah... he really said that. These kids know nothing, so why are they even taken seriously?

I'll tell you why. It's because our government is filled with corruption and they want globalism to rule the day. These anarchists, hate groups and clueless college kids are Alinsky's "useful idiots."

Now, I'm not saying all college students or millennial's are like that, but I think it's safe to say that an overwhelming number of them are.

If they dare to go after the Sam Houston statue, there's gonna be a problem.





My brother attended that university. That statue is so awesome! It's 67 feet tall with a 10 foot granite base. It looks so awesome when driving down the road towards it.

I love Huntsville itself. It's a quaint, sleepy little town. It's beautiful hill country, too.

- I cannot believe that SIX FLAGS OVER TEXAS is no longer SIX FLAGS over Texas. What the heck?!

- I just read that in Longview, Texas the statue guarding the remains of the unknown soldier was just vandalized. HOW can this happen in TEXAS?!

- And then there are the anarchists - no, they are NOT protestors! - with their cowardly masked-covered faces that are not only destroying property, but injuring police horses. If these anarchists were raised by a pack of wolves, they'd still not be this wild. Who raised these people?!

It's time they evolve and join the human race.

- And don't get me started on all this transgender/binary hoopla either.



I thought this was a joke at first. I mean, who wouldn't?!
- And then there's those two dingbats, Waters and Pelosi. sign

what

image

potc

Disney has become so politically correct that they're changing the most CLASSIC ride at the Disney Parks; Pirates of the Caribbean.

They've decided to change the red-head from the Auctioneer scene. We will no longer see her flirting with the pirates from her auction block as the pirates chant "We wants the red-head! We wants the red-head!"

They've now turned her into a lady pirate.

300

So let me get this straight. Male pirates acting like normal pirates is not okay, but a lady pirate doing pirate-y things is just fine.

What will be next to change about POTC I wonder? That is after they get rid of the guns, and the well drowning, and the drinking and pillaging?

Probably the dog with the keys in its mouth. You know, for fear that it’s promoting allowing your dog to put objects in its mouth that it can swallow.

This PC crap-ola is so mindbogglingly stupid.

ttfn_yellow

4 comments:

  1. BE SAFE!!! in this coming storm!

    I would be scared to death, about loss of electricity, in TX heat! -sigh-

    And all the political S-H-I-T, which is flying and being broadcast and done... We have simply stopped listening to all news/commentary. We have to!!!! At 80 and 84, we must take care of our health. And getting LIVID, over what is happening, does bad things, to the blood pressure.

    We are even not reading/watching the Bill O'Reilly site, where we are Premium Members. We only trust him, to tell the TRUTH. But we simply can not handle how FURIOUS, the TRUTH, makes us.

    Yes, Bill O'Reilly. We do not really care, what he did or did not do. We are only seeking the TRUTH. And we trust him.

    and... his take-down was just the beginning, of how THEY are getting rid of conservative tv people. They keep falling like pins. Charlie Payne, Eric Bolling...

    Get this book out of your library. "The Smear" It will explain how the left, is taking down all, who do not agree with and spout their lib. line.

    Please read this book. You are young enough, that you can do so, without having a stroke. I am getting it out of library, to keep it circulating, but will probably not be able to read all of it. blood pressure, ya' know.

    Be safe in this storm...

    Many gentle hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Around here we've been watching less of the news as well. I pretty much just watch Dobbs and Hannity now, but usually I skip even them. I thought about subscribing to O'Reilly's podcast, but as you said.... it's unhealthy. Even Fox is turning Anti-Trump. The good news over that is that their ratings are going down now as well.

    NOT looking forward to this storm. I HATE hurricanes! I don't know what we're going to do about our eldest dog, Maddie. She wears doggy britches now and is obsessed with wanting to go out all the time. (I think she often forgets she just went). Ah, well. It is what it is. The plumbing issue is what's bothering me the most. A camping type person I most certainly am NOT!!!! (That's an understatement). Losing the AC is pretty awful too, though. I've done that before, for two whole weeks and it was miserable both physically and mentally. (After several days of being off the grid you really do feel like you've been forgotten by the rest of the world).

    I wish we had moved even further north where hurricanes aren't a problem.

    Okay, enough rambling from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aug. 25
    Near 9pm now, eastern time. you must be a diff time zone.

    have weather ch. on. worried about you. -sigh-

    hugsssssss, luna crone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. And yeah, it's 8 pm here. It hasn't arrived yet. It's just been raining for the most part. It's still calm for now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!