Sunday, August 28, 2011

Simply Irresistible

borders_-_aug_28_2011

- Today we braved the 109 degree weather by heading over to Borders. Last week I was really disappointed in their sales since the romance novels weren't marked down by another 10% as they had been every week previous.

Today they were 60% off. I bought 5 books, and then forced myself to put 5 others back. I really wish I had bought the remaining 2 - or was it 3? - Melissa Mayhue books and one of the Kresley Cole books.

Stupid me was in such a hurry that I did the unthinkable by LEAVING MY BOOK LIST AT HOME! I guess this means I'm going to have to return to Borders later this week.

The 5 books I bought today cost $15.59! Normally, that price would have bought only 2 books. The most expensive books I bought were only $3.20 a piece, and I saved a total of.... drum roll, please.... $21.55!!!!!!

I still can't believe it. I would pinch myself to see if I'm truly awake, but that isn't necessary since Wendy Kitty is purring right beside me. With me typing on this keyboard with her so close, she's likely to release those dangerous claws on me at any moment. If I am indeed dreaming, Wendy will snap me out of it.

I really haven't been reading much these past few months, so I have no idea why I'm so excited over spending money on books. Reading just hasn't been very fun for me lately. I must be a glutton for punishment.

kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!