Friday, September 2, 2011

The obsession continues

books2_-_sept_2_2011

- Got more books from Borders, courtesy of Mom this time. Isn't that SWEET?! We were at lunch and she just slapped a $20 bill down on the table to nurse my bookstore obsession.

This week the romance novels were 70% off! Only 2 of the books were on my shortened list, but the others were still on my very looong and growing original list so it still turned out great. Only 1 of the 7 I picked up out of curiosity. I might just go ahead and buy the others in the series if they still have them when I go back.

At the very last minute was when I spotted "Goodnight Tweetheart." I've been looking for this book for ages!!!! Would you know this book was originally 15 smackaroo's, but I... I mean Mom (Lol!) paid only $4.50! Ooh! Also, two of these books were $2.10 a piece. Originally, they were $6.99. The others were normally $7.99, but they were on sale for only $2.40!

This was my first return trip to Borders where my favorite titles were actually missing. Since Borders is closing and the Barnes and Noble here is so lacking in the romance department, I guess I'll jot down a few titles and ask my grandma to stop by her Half Price bookstore for me. I've never lived close to one and she has a HPB right around the corner from her house. As it is, our used bookstores are major expensive. The antique mall sells them for a little over a dollar these days, but it's rare that they'll have the books on my list.

kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!