Sunday, September 4, 2011

Highlanders and The Doctor

castle-1
- Lucky me!!!!! My grandma heard that I was planning on asking her to look for some books for me at HPB sometime. I planned on waiting, because I wanted to check the antique mall first, but Mom talked me into it.

I know, like THAT was hard to do. tongue

I narrowed my 7 page wish list down to 6 titles. Then Grandma calls from the store today, and said they had 4 books from my list!

I think I'll read either Highland Guardian or Return of the Highlander first. Today I read some excerpts online of both, and I'm having trouble deciding.

I need to get back to the book I've barely started. I've really been hankering to read a good Ghost/Highlander book, but I've been obsessed with working on one of my sites.

I just realized that over the past month I've bought 20 books! (And this isn't even counting EITB). Only 6 of those are used, too. Now THAT is a record. I'm gonna have to buy another pretty box to store them in. I'm tempted to buy a shelf at Borders, as they're selling 3 of the HUGE shelves for $100 and I only need one... I think. The trouble is I wouldn't know where to put it and I'd have to paint it black.

- I'm gonna try to forget about this weekend's Doctor Who episode. Last week's episode I liked - even though "Mels" in the beginning worried me b/c I was afraid she was to be a new character - but I hated the latest. I kept waiting... and waiting... and waiting for something exciting to happen. I had the entire episode figured out early on, too. The monsters were creepy, but it was nothing like the "Blink" episode from Tennant's run. I really thought it would have been similar.

At least Rory didn't die in this one, too.

And why would a BOY (okay, alien) have a dollhouse in the first place? And then there's foreshadowing of The Doctor's death at the end of every episode. They really need to stop that.

I was surprised to see the return of Amy's intro before the music and titles began. I figured they had chucked that for good since it wasn't there last week. A lot of people hate that intro, finding it unnecessary. It doesn't really bother me, but it does leave Rory out.

Rory's my favorite companion. He's a sweetheart.

kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!