Friday, September 9, 2011

What's the opposite of buyers remorse?

yikes

Regret is currently flowing through this bookworm's veins concerning the closing of Borders.

I hear the romances were 90% off today. Now I'm wishing that I'd bought a few of the titles I already own. The one's I have are used, so it'd be nice to replace them with NEW books. I would also buy a few novels I put back on the shelf simply because I wasn't sure I'd like them.

I'm so stupid, stupid, stupid!

I might have to drop by there tomorrow, just to see if our store is still open at all. This is how it stands now:

1). The store is officially closed.

2). The books I want have been taken into total stranger's homes, either to be read or used as props for the legs of uneven furniture.

3). The books have been packed in boxes to be transported to other book chains where I'll just sneer at their astronomical price tags.

Oh! I was reading "Goodnight Tweetheart" last night, and guess who was mentioned. GERRY! (Not surprised of course, as I already knew Teresa Medeiros was a fan). Which reminds me of how I've read a few books where the author says they had Gerry in mind for the hero in their book. The first which comes to mind is "MacGowan's Ghost" by Cindy Miles.

Ooh, wow! Cindy Miles has the same ipod decor I have on my writing site. Too bad we don't have being published in common. It begins and ends with a pink ipod. Sad.

I never did watch Doctor Who, but here it is 3AM and around 30 minutes ago I finished reading my book.

I'm on here now because of THE ENDING!!! I loved it, and I hated it because there's no full closure or answer. I'm not going to go into detail, as I'm not a fan of spoilers, but GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update #2 -

Did someone just try to break into our home? As I was typing the above update (to nobody, let's face it. It's 3 AM and not many peeps know about this blog... or would continue reading after being subjected to mindless ramblings such as this one I'm typing right now)... okay, back to my point. I was typing inside this echoey blog when I see Mom downstairs, taking the dogs out for their untimely (sleepy human's perspective) 3 am potty break. Then I see Dad constantly going outside to the backyard, then the frontyard over and over again. Either this was a really, really bad episode of OCD, sleepwalking, or trouble was afoot via the skanks that live 2 doors down from us.

What it was, was that when Mom was letting the girls out she heard the chain on the gate constantly being jiggled. It was a very DELIBERATE sound, which stopped once she turned on the porch light.

I looked on the security cameras, but the cameras didn't record a thing. I guess it could have been another cat, but unless its paw was stuck on that chain it wouldn't have sounded like a person was trying to break and enter. And the sound did stop once Mom turned on the light. If it was a cat whose paw was stuck on the chain lock somehow, the jiggling would have persisted even after the light was turned on.

I guess it was the punk kids, but I sure wish our cameras had picked them up. Mom did say she heard them roaming the streets earlier tonight.

Gonna sign off now. I hate typing on these laptops. My dribble always ends up disappearing as I'm typing. It's as if some evil little pixie is waving its evil little magic wand over my keyboard pad once I finally reach the end of typing out another rambling sentence. It has to be the same pixie devil that makes the mate to our socks disappear after WE KNOW we had put BOTH socks in that dryer.

And see? It happened again. I had to re-type the sentence above because it went POOF! on me. The greedy little pixie bastard steals sentences, too. Even boring one's at 3:30 am. My words must be like M&M's to him/her/it/they?

Well, gonna go to bed now. Wendy Kitty is snoring peacefully on the bed next to me. I'm still angry with her over her treatment over poor Tiger Lily, so once I turn my bedside lamp off and go to bed I'm gonna feel like I'm sleeping with the enemy.

I'm sure that makes her happy, giving her sweet dreams for the night. Cats DO love pissing us lowly humans off. I'm convinced 2012 is all about them. They're going to turn off their 'cat perception filters' at the stroke of midnight, revealing their true identities (please, God, don't make them all Adam Lambert), and then turn us all into kibble and/or their slave race.

kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!