Friday, October 14, 2011

1-800-addictedtobooks

books-1

As if I need to add even MORE books to my collection. I wasn't sure about the 3 MacLean books, but I had a feeling I had just forgotten to add her titles to my book list.

Turns out I was mistaken. The author's name was just familiar, seeing how she has a highlander book out in stores right now which I see all the time. Hopefully, I'll have found another author that I like.

By the way-- after reading one of THE WORST books ever, I finally read a really good one. The worst-book-ever's storyline consisted of 1 dimensional characters lusting after each other every 2 pages. (I mean this 1,000 % too. That really seemed to be the plot of this book). After that great disappointment, I picked up another book which was boring me to tears.

Finally, I picked up "If You Deceive" by Kresley Cole.

deceive

It was so good! The heroine was a survivor not to be led on or disrespected, and the hero flawed without really being a "bad" guy. And get this... these characters GREW! They DEVELOPED and actually wound up falling IN LOVE with each other as opposed to IN LUST with each other. I thoroughly enjoyed it and now it's on my keeper shelf. I even added it to the "Keeper Shelf" on my book blog. (By the way, I'm now thinking about starting a book review blog... which no one will read, but I still think I want to do it).

So, according to my Shelfari account this is how it stands... erhm, this is how it stands presently:

My TBR Pile: 141 books
I've read: 270 + books
Wish List: 106 107 books

I think I might need to find a hypnotherapist to stop this addiction. Is anyone else reading this just as hopeless as myself?

currently2 read
own145

kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!