Monday, May 21, 2012

Gift Cards and Fairytales

image

- Apparently, not everything about my birthday last week was entirely evil. (Now that it's over, I can finally talk about it).

First, I received a whopping $25 gift card from McDonald’s to feed my iced mocha addiction. (Already, I only have something like $11 left. I believe this is proof positive that I need an intervention of some sort).

Then in the mail this weekend I received a $50 gift card to feed my other addiction.

Books! What else?

3prince

The first season of "Once Upon A Time" is over. Sad, but nevertheless true.

However will I cope with the stress? Being addicted to a tv series is new to me. (Unless you count "Doctor Who").

The finale was a little predictable and hokey in parts, but it also had some great scenes. My favorite line now is Emma's "storming" comment. Everyone loved that!

I loved loved LOVED the scene where everyone remembered who they were. It was awesome to see, but now I love Snow/Charming's reunion even more because I had forgotten that the last time she saw him she had thought he was dead.

And FINALLY we don't have to see "David" being all stupid and the opposite of charming. I understand why he didn't believe Mary Margaret about Katherine, seeing as his past life/real self really did see Snow behaving like a madwoman, but it still bugged me that he didn't support her.

While there were a lot of questions answered in the finale, and some endings tied with a neat little bow, we were also left with new mysteries to solve. What I want to know is:

- What happens to August/Pinocchio now? (Surprisingly, I ended up loving his story). How does the broken curse affect him, or does it? After all, he did turn back into wood before Emma broke the curse.

- Since Jiminy/Archie's parents were in a similar situation to Pinocchio's, what happens to them? Are they alive and human again?

- Will Archie turn back into Jiminy Cricket? I understand that the curse being broken didn't change his human form since he's still in Storybrooke and not the FT world, but what happened to him after Gold brought magic to Storybrooke?

I need to know this!!!

- WHO THE HECK IS DOCTOR WHALE?! We still don't know! How could they do this to me?

A pox on you writers!

Rumor has it that we'll know his identity by Season 2, and that it'll be a jaw dropping moment. It'd better be after all this waiting.

I've also read that, due to rights, Peter Pan and Captain Hook won't be in next season's episodes so I guess this means he isn't either one of those particular characters.

- Mr. Gold mentioned the love potion as having the power "to bring back what one has lost." Is he speaking of Bae, or something else we're not privy to yet?

- Magic has come to Storybrooke, but how is that going to be? They are still in the real world.

Okay... I meant to say they live "in A real world," as Jefferson/The Mad Hatter reminds us. The citizens of Storybrooke weren't transported back to the FT World, and magic existing in this world isn't natural. I'm really curious to see how the new Storybrooke will be. Will it look any different? - Was the Fairytale World completely destroyed when the curse was enacted? Does it still exist? If so, why didn't they return? Will they ever?

I personally think it still exists. My guess is that Mr Gold/Rumpel just doesn't want to return. He knows his son is in a land without magic, so why go back? I also think Rumpel brought magic to Storybrooke because it will assist him in finding his son somehow. As he told Belle, "Magic is power."

While I believe part of that logic is the same old power trip, I also think Rumpel believes his recent actions will assist him in finding Bae.

- There has got to be a bigger story there with Jefferson and Evil Queen/Regina's relationship. Regina knows Jefferson far too well, and he knew what Regina did to Belle.

I've read one theory suggesting that they could actually be stepsister and stepbrother. Seems plausible to me.

- Who is Henry's father?

If he ends up being Dr Whale somehow I might just puke.

- Please oh please tell me that Rumpel is through with that darn helium voice. I far prefer the accent and darker, calm voice he used for Mr. Gold.

- What's with that Blue Fairy in the nightmarish jellyfish-like dress? I don't trust her.

- How will Gold/Rumpel get back at Regina for what she did to Belle? I cannot wait to see that!

bday2012

This isn't from the finale, but I loved this scene. I like August's relationship with Henry, and how could I not fall for him even more when he said with that cocksure grin: "I'm changing back because I haven't exactly been a good boy."

Marry me?

I cannot believe I've fallen for Pinocchio. tongue

kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!