Thursday, March 6, 2014

Icicles in March?

winter

When I woke up the morning after our wintry, stay-off-the-roads weather, I discovered ice clinging to everything. I haven't seen that much ice in many, many MANY years. (And even back then it was in January, not March).

It was incredibly cold, so I didn't take any photos or video until the ice started melting.

Before then, I stayed warm and cozy with my electric blanket and puppy dog by my side while I watched more geeky Universe shows on the Science Channel.

When I decided to brave the outdoors, Abby continued hibernating under the covers.
(Told ya she was smart!)

This would sound pathetic to anyone living up north and used to the cold, but I was just enraptured by the sound of ice cracking and then watching it fall to the ground in long pieces. I don't ever remember seeing or hearing that. It was surreal!

Here are the pics and vids I took, gloved hands shaking the entire time. I only wish the pics turned out better, but until we get a higher end camera there's nothing to be done about that. I really want one with a great zoom lens attachment.

lineoldfashion

redbird433_LG

017_600

087_600

021_600redbird

064_500

094_600

030_600



018_600

047_600_TREE

crow_600

rambling blah-1

My misfortune became the crows fortune. For breakfast I always eat the most delicious cinnamon chip muffin, but for the 3rd time the store that I get them from labeled the package wrong. Instead of yummy cinnamon muffins, they were banana nut bread muffins. I'm not a fan of them, so I gave them to the crows. They loved them so much that after they ate them, they were practically hopping around on the front porch begging for more as if they were dogs.

058_500

012_500



085_600

073_600

070_500

061_600

034_600

048_600

043_500

057_600

081_600

007_600

083_500

075_600



093_600

024_500

010_600

044_600



019_600

059_500

045_600

074_600

084_600

002_600

Larger Pics can be viewed HERE.

Reminder: This camera needs to be tossed in the neighbors pond, pronto!

ttfn_green

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!