Saturday, January 30, 2016

Longhorns, A Hailstorm, Bambi and Thumper

500
(Artwork: Irene Shpak)

This is gonna be a long post. I could have made several posts from it, but decided against it. (Every once in a while I just prefer having one long post opposed to several short ones. If Susan Branch can do it on her blog, why can't I on my own little one here? It'll mainly consist of pictures and video, so really... to read it not much brainpower will be required, which is good news if you're reading this before your morning coffee tongue).

We've had some really beautiful weather lately. Some days it's been cold and others just like spring. (Typical for us, although - unfortunately - this weekend it's going to get up to 80 degrees. It's very depressing and frustrating not having seasons around here).

I went out for a walk during one of those pretty days, and this is what I captured.

The Longhorns say Hello!

515-16-_Sweetly_Scrapped

image

image

image



image

image

image

image



image

image

image

image

These cattle live just across the street from us. cow

I hardly ever take pics of them, but I LOVE these cows because they're pretty chatty. They're much chattier than the one's living behind us.

image



image

image

image

image

visit

Isn't this too ADORABLE for words? I mean.... Gah!!! So cute.

snapshot_1_600



Snapshot_2_600



image

random thsmiley-camera

Mainly Nighttime photos.....

I still haven't taken any photos of the 5-planets alignment, but there's plenty of time for that. (Until February 20th).

013_600

016_600

001_450v

027_600

001_600

sew

I haven't done needlepoint in years, but I enjoyed doing these pillowcases. All left to do now is washing, ironing, and finding pillows for them.

021_600

Aldebaran_600

The star Aldebaran made it's appearance on the 18th.



dipper_600

014_600

003_600

018_600

image

random_video

I wish I could say our fox was back - provided it stays away from the bunnies and birds - but it hasn't. It's only been here twice so far.













image

rainy

Tuesday afternoon we had a short hailstorm. When those little ice pellets started raining down, those birds flew off like firecrackers towards the gazebo.

The neighbors donkey, "Hugs," looked wretched. Taking shelter beneath a tree, she looked as miserable as The 100 Acre Wood's Eeyore.

008_600

012_600

This is the closest thing to snow that we'll ever get. Nothing but pea-sized ice that melts after only a few minutes.

009_600



006_600

014_600_HAIL

007_600

~♥~♥~♥~♥~~♥~♥~♥~♥~

Sharing with these lovely memes:
CAMERA CRITTERS / NATURE NOTES TUESDAY / OUR WORLD TUESDAY / SATURDAY'S CRITTERS / OUTDOOR WEDNESDAY

UPDATE: My main computer has now crashed, so please forgive me for not visiting everyone's blogs. The laptop I'm using is super slow.

ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!