Tuesday, October 31, 2017

2017 Waterlogged Halloween

hh_600

listen_2

- We don't get trick-or-treaters out here in the boonies, so it's DEPRESSING that we no longer decorate or pass out candy. I most especially miss decorating the front yard.

When we lived in Spring/The Woodlands, our house was so popular during Halloween and Christmas. People would even take photos of themselves in our yard. So many people would tell us that they even made a special trip just to see our house.

Since we don't have trick-or-treaters, I had to settle for giving the neighbor's donkey's carrots. I even wished them a Happy Halloween.

Is that sad?!

hween_text_600mini-graphics-halloween-561817

- I told Mom today that we should go to Henkel Square because I saw on FB that they're having trick-or-treaters. I figured that after the Halloween Bumfest, that's lasted 4 years so far, we should start a new tradition.

The only problem - besides risking our lives driving in the dark when there are so many deer around here at night - was that this Halloween evening it was POURING down rain.

It stopped before dark, but it was a gully-washer for over an hour. It's humid and like a bog out there.

Maybe we can give it a try next year.

upd mini-graphics-halloween-004428

hm_cake_300

Okay, so it started raining again for a looong time. It was a HEAVY rain that was nonstop until 9:30 pm.

Talk about spooky weather for Halloween night! mini-graphics-halloween-379982 witch

And now it's raining again.

- We had our first cold weather day over the weekend. It was supposed to get down to 34 at night, but when I woke up there was FROST on the back patio.

It wasn't anything major of course, but it was AWESOME seeing it. (Around here, anything cool outdoors - even if just for an hour - is like candy). Because of the frost, I think it actually dropped to freezing that night.

34

Also, when I went outside at 8 am it was only 34 degrees.

- I'm disappointed that the only Halloween shows on tv tonight are horror movies.
mini-graphics-halloween-824662 mini-graphics-halloween-325320 mini-graphics-christmas-506334

I watched The Ghost and Mr. Chicken last night, so tonight maybe I'll watch Arsenic and Old Lace.

-

Those are my two Halloween movies that I have to watch every year. frank mini-graphics-halloween-730033 mini-graphics-halloween-398312

- It looks like our neighbor has the same idea as us when it comes to the old barns. Today he had some people completely tear his down. (Which explains why I haven't seen his cattle for days now).

I'm hoping he'll replace it.

- The other day I remembered that Ace Hardware had GREAT Christmas decorations last year, so I was curious over whether or not they do the same for Halloween.

300cb

I finally went today but there wasn't anything Halloween there at all. There were however a lot of Christmas, and Mom and I did some happy damage there.

We got some AWESOME stuff! mini-graphics-christmas-099972 mini-graphics-christmas-199624

pkn_line_600

image

image

image

image

image

I was happy to wear today the Halloween necklace that I made years ago.

image

image

image

image

image

image

image
Our super adorable Trick-or-Treaters. mini-graphics-halloween-735750

image

image

image

image

image

image

bat_amethystmaniac

ch_-_hh_-_VIDEOS_2





hwn-pkn-bat

1 comment:

  1. And now, to learn to love Nov.

    I did my post on that, today.

    Trying to add autumn leaves gif to my signature... below.

    🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!