Thursday, October 12, 2017

Of Barn Love and Fall Envy

470
cinnamon
fall_line

- Good News! We are finally going to have our old barn renovated!!!!!!!

And we are so SUPER EXCITED!!! jiggy

Initially we got a quote for a brand new barn but, just as we thought, their price was astronomical. It was insanely high. Fortunately, we weren't too bummed over it because what we really wanted was to rescue the dilapidated barn that we already have. We consider that barn a piece of history and it would have been a shame to tear it down.

Besides, this barn is pretty big; 20 ft wide X 80 ft long.

aqueen3

We are going to have to tear down one section of it, but even with that it'll still be a large barn.

The rebuilding of it should begin sometime in November, which is kind of funny because that's when we moved into this house several years ago. (We moved here in 2013, just a couple days before Thanksgiving. It was oddly f-r-e-e-z-i-n-g that winter, which was so magical to us. One day we even had ice everywhere, and the day we moved in there was ice on the roads. Although... to be honest that was scary because it was also windy as heck that day and we had the dogs in the car with us).

Here's a really old video of it - taken with a lousy camera - from when it was empty:



The video was taken way back in 2010, before we even started building our house.

- I am growing really tired of all the ant beds around here. They have been a real problem lately.

Okay, so they are always a problem but this time they're even in the backyard which means I am always having to block the ant beds and the ant poison - from our dogs - with unsightly clutter. (Lawn chairs, garden rake, shovel, etc).

- It's getting close to being mid-October and so far we've only had TWO cool mornings.

98-fall

And when I say "cool," I mean in the 60's and it only lasted a few hours.

All I ask the Nature Gods for is to bring some sweater weather our way. I want to wear an actual sweater, and not just in the very early morning hours or very late at night. I want to wear one all day long. WHY is that too much to ask?

- My brother spent last Saturday night here at our house.

Which, in retrospect was a good thing because it finally forced me to getting around to cleaning out and organizing my linen closet and bathroom cabinets. (Not that this was really a priority simply because a 'guest' was coming. I just decided to pretend that it was, otherwise I'd be putting it off yet again).

The pathetic thing is that I actually enjoyed it. I don't know why, but I really do love organizing things.

wreaths_fall_590

The photos in this post are probably the blah-est photos I've ever shared. I shouldn't bother posting them, but I like to chronicle things around here whenever I can. I did delete A LOT of them this time around.

Yes, they were that bad.

1

2

3

4

5

I wish the camera captured just how pretty the moon was that night. (It was also a lot higher in the sky. Normally, the moon would have still been hidden behind the tree line this time of night).

6

7

8

9

10

11

I've been trying to make use of the little autumn decor that I have left. (Cheap pumpkins). There are no good stores around here - just a lousy Walmart - so I am really lacking in fall decorations.

I need to just break down and go to Hobby Lobby over in College Station or Bastrop, but I haven't because it's kind of a long way for me to go. (Health-wise. I don't want to get into it, but let's just say it's inconvenient).

12

13

14

We decided to put our own Disney "Chip" and "Dale" wall decal in the kitchen. (Yes, we still miss Disney World). We wanted to make our own "Jaq" and "Gus" silhouette, but it would have been too difficult. We might go ahead and just buy one sometime.

The "Jaq" and "Gus" decal is really cute because it's a silhouette of them running away with the key.

15

16

Maddie enjoying the cooler weather one morning.

Abby was either snuggling with Mom on the patio or playing with her pet rock. Izzy stayed inside. (Izzy isn't a big fan of the outdoors. She's a diva).

17

18

19

20

image

chv_-_bench









bird_bath_sig

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are getting a tiny respite in the temps.

    Lovely moon photos!!!

    Happy Friday the 13th!
    -grin-
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!