
- I can't believe it's already October. My mother's birthday is coming up, and then a few days later my brother's.
- I feel really horrible for my brother going through this divorce. Not only is his marriage ending, but they just bought a house and now have to sell it. (And they're renting out another one to some people). Not to mention that he is really worrying over his two dogs.
"Beans" and "Crunchy" weren't his dogs to begin with, but after they married he was the one that really took care of them. He's been worrying himself sick over them being fed and watered. All my mother could tell him was that they were taken care of before him, and they will be again. His ex will just have to start getting in the habit of doing it all herself NOW.
- I think my brother has already started looking at dogs online. My mother is absolutely, 100% right about him needing to get a dog of his own as soon as he can. He is so depressed over leaving his two dogs, especially "Beans." That dog really loves him.
"Beans" is very attached to his Mommy and Daddy both. I feel really bad for both those dogs because - just like my brother feels - it's going to be hard.
- I forgot to mention in my last blog post that my brother was driving down the road the other day and his WHITE car ran over a completely full can of RED PAINT! He spent hours and hours trying to get it off his car. As if things weren't bad enough!
- My brother has been upset over having to look for an apartment - instead of a house - and today he did look at one. It's within walking distance to his job and he told my mother he really liked it a lot, so that was surprising to him. It's in a GREAT area of Austin that he's lived in before.
I think it's a very fitting place for him. If he's feeling depressed and lonely, everything is right there on his doorstep. Also, like I said it's within walking distance from his job.
Which also makes it convenient for when he gets a dog.
- He also had a several-hours-long job interview this afternoon. He currently has a really good job, but has been thinking of leaving them for some time now. This other job is in Washington of all places. He says this interview was the best one he's ever had, so now he's a little worried.
He really liked the apartment he saw today, and he went in to the interview thinking nothing would pan out with it, so... he's really conflicted over what might happen now.
Personally, I wish he would stay where he is in Austin. He's already admitted that he doesn't really want them to offer him the job, and I know it would break Mom's heart to see him go so far away; especially at a time like this.
He doesn't sleep at night and is really struggling, but I also think he's handling it fairly well because he isn't shutting Mom out. (Usually he's like me when upset and will keep his feelings to himself). He calls Mom a couple times a day, which also helps Mom through all this. She gets so worried for him that she begins to feel physically ill.
I thank God I'm not a mother!





We'll miss you (((Beans))).





Maddie, rockin' it out in eclipse glasses.





Izzy loves placing her favorite toy on a comfy blanket whenever she can. Sweet, huh?


We'll miss you (((Crunchy))).








We added a little pumpkin to the fireplace.
I wanted to use one large carved pumpkin with two smaller ones - preferably fake so that we can reuse them each year - but we couldn't find any around here.
We're pretty limited, stores-wise, so we came up with the idea of just using a plastic one and then surrounding it with a little bit of fall foliage.
I think it turned out pretty cute!








The above video was taken last night.

So sorry for all this family angst... -sigh- It ripples outward. Encompassing others in his family, of course. And nothing you can do about it, except listen, and reassure.
ReplyDeleteI take it, the wife is the one who wants the divorce...? No children, I hope. Bad enough with pets, but worse, with children. They live a lot longer, and can be affected much more. I think your sister has the children...
Red paint on white car?!? Do you believe it????? Almost like the Universe has a "Hit" on him. Pooooor guy.....
I think the decision is pretty mutual. They want different things. Thankfully, they have no children.
ReplyDelete