Sunday, December 31, 2017

A Snowplay Morning - pt 3

todor_corgi_snow_2

- It is going to be f-r-e-e-z-i-n-g for the next few days and I am really worried about the donkeys next door. (It's an empty house that no one has rented, and the donkeys are there to keep the grass manageable). Their hay is completely gone and their owner never had more delivered.

I am really upset. There's no excuse for those sweet babies not having extra feed when it gets this cold. Even the grass in their field is horrible.
Did I mention yet that I'm really angry?! 70-poof

- I know I keep saying it, but I only keep saying it because it's true.

I CAN'T BELIEVE WE GOT SNOW!!!!

Seeing snow that day was the equivalent of stepping outside and seeing the Aurora Borealis lighting up the sky. It was magical, unexpected and beautiful.

I only wish I got to see the snow falling during the daytime. That would have been nice.

pooh_bear_bday_400

- Today is my uncle's birthday! bday

I wonder how he feels about it being on New Years Eve?

- Speaking of birthdays, our old neighbor had her baby yesterday. It's her first child. girl

I saw the most adorable picture of the baby with her big brother. It was so sweet! She's a cute little thing.

- Okay, yes. I'm gonna say something else again. I'm really upset over those sweet donkeys. I fed them a little bit of carrots this morning, but when we returned home from the store the girls were already so cold that they didn't even call out for me to feed them a snack. (We got them some more carrots at the store today and I was hoping to give them at least one more since the ones they had this morning were so small).

There is no excuse for them not being looked after. Unless their owner is alone inside her home, stark stone dead and being eaten by cats, there's no excuse for this neglect. She knew the cold was coming.

Maybe she'll have another bale of hay sent to them tomorrow - fingers crossed - but it really should have been done by now.

But having ranted about all that, in her defense, maybe there are grain buckets in the shed for them. I did notice two buckets inside there, but in all this time I've never seen them eat from them, so I have no idea what's inside them if anything. I might be jumping the gun on being angry with their owner, but I still think there's no excuse for them not having any hay at all when it's going to be this cold for several days.

But then again, consider the source. I tend to spoil my pets - not crazy spoil, but I do always want them comfortable and happy - so I can be overly critical when it comes to the care of others' pets and livestock. I can be a control freak when it comes to the furkids.

izzy

one

- We weren't able to get the dogs their own Christmas toys from Santa this year because we simply ran out of time.

Today at the store they had some Christmas-themed stuffed animals for 75% off. We decided to get them some of those instead of paying $10 - $15 a piece for 3 of them. (It's ridiculous how expensive a simple stuffed animal for a pup is). We picked some that were safe - sewn on faces and nothing with buttons, even though our dogs aren't chewers to begin with - but I was a little worried that the girls wouldn't like the toys because they didn't have squeakers in them or make that scrunchy sound they love so much.

Well, tonight I was trying to get Izzy to play with one of them, but she got so frustrated that the little stuffed animal wouldn't squeak that she literally growled at it. tongue She then abandoned it and tried another one, only to eventually give up.

Sorry, Izzy. I hope you'll forgive your human's stupidity.

ny_update

bambi_450

- So it's now almost Noon, New Years Day. My brother called us last night, saying it was SNOWING there in Austin.

SNOWING, AGAIN! We all got snow on December 7th, and Austin gets snow again on New Years Eve of all times.

-

what

Global Warming, my auntie. bundle

My brother said that it was sticking, too. I don't think they got much, but still that's pretty insane. (It's unheard of to get snow twice in one year, even if it's a little. We're lucky if we get snow once every decade!)

We didn't receive any snow at all where I live, so that's sad, but it's still amazing that it was snowing that close to us.

What's also funny is that on the day my brother is to arrive in Florida, it's supposed to snow there. How odd is all that?!

Okay, enough snow rambling. Below are more photos of when we did get snow back in December. I already miss it, and wish it had lasted longer.

canes_625

6360_600

6651_600

6427_600

6735_600

IMG_6991_600v

6981_600

6107_600

6899_600

6430_600

IMG_6607_600v

6807_600

6704_600

6805_600

6094_600v

6866_600

6705_600

IMG_6999_600v

7038_600

6206_600

IMG_6562_600v

7024_600

6948_600

6889_600

6952_600

6706_600

6092_600

pk_snowflakes

pk_bird_-_lights_2-chv





reinder_sig

2 comments:

  1. Lovely snow scenes. I'm up in Manitoba,Canada,so we have snow, but right now we also are having it very cold. I love the snow, the cold not so much. happy New Year to you.Thanks for your visit and kind comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgosh.. it's beautiful! It's a chilly 19' in Baltimore today. Yesterday my neighbor left her cryingand very cold cat outside and we were so angry. It was driving my oldest daughter crazy until she finally went over and beat on their door. Lol. They did let the poor cat inside. I would be feeling so bad about the donkeys too... people can be so foolish and neglectful. Hopefully they bring some food soon.
    Happy new year!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!