

- Mom went to see "The Last Jedi" today.

I was supposed to go too, but somehow there was a miscommunication about the date. The movie theater is all the way in College Station, and that's kind of a long drive. The movie started at 9:20 and was 2 1/2 hours long. We'd have to leave the house by 7:20 in the morning, and then after the movie we would need to go to a few stores. (Because let's face it. Around here there are no real stores). If I went with her that would mean the dogs wouldn't be able to go out to potty for at least 8 hours.
I just couldn't do that to them, and Maddie is already is already in sort of a diaper nowadays, so... I really didn't have a choice. I can always see the movie another time.
Perhaps even tomorrow for all I know. Mom LOVED the movie. She said that it's one of her favorite Star Wars movies to date. Only one section did she think dragged, and she is a little conflicted about what was done to Luke's character. (Which isn't a surprise since everyone already knew that Mark Hamill wasn't happy with it).
This was one movie she went in to spoiler-free. I never read spoilers, but Mom does. She didn't this time though because she kept reading that this was one SW movie where you don't want spoilers.

- I finally got around to finishing my handmade Christmas gifts today!


- I'm getting a little worried about Maddie. She's stumbling more than usual.
Otherwise, she seems fine. She has a big appetite still, is smiling, and joining the other dogs when they start barking. She does whine a lot, but that's normal for Maddie nowadays. They say that's very common in older dogs.

She is a vintage gal, so it is better to be cautious than not at all. I'm trying to prepare myself for the inevitable, but I know from past experience that you never really can be prepared.



Look where Izzy decided to place one of her favorite babies the other night.

I guess she figured it'd feel really comfy on the pillow, and what better view is there than lying beneath a lit Christmas tree?


By the way, we're going to replace the goat picture with a window/lit wreath that we found in an antique shop. (We haven't put it up yet because we needed to let it air out outside. It smelled quite musty when we bought it).


Just photos of the living room and Christmas tree.
The "Beauty and the Beast" ornament is an early Christmas present from Mom. She knows how much I looove "Beauty and the Beast," and that it would be a shame for the Disney couple to spend the season inside a gift bag and not on the tree.
And I am so incredibly THANKFUL for those special cords that Hallmark put out a few years ago, for their older animated/lighted ornaments. A lot of them stopped working years ago, so thanks to those light cords I can use them again.
Not all of them, but still quite a few. Maybe one day they'll make another special cord that will make the other ornaments work again as well.




This Chip and Dale ornament - along with the mouse standing on the peppermint stick - is one of our new ornaments. It's one of my favorites, from "Pluto's Christmas Tree."








As evidenced in the photos, the decorations on the fireplace have changed. I finally replaced the snowman/etc with the top hat. (We've had this hat for several years and I've never even opened it until now. It came from Kirkland's). I prefer the hat by far.








The Rudolph plate was a gift from the owner of "The Happy Peddler." That story can be viewed HERE.





Mom made this snow lady last year.








Click HERE to see all our Christmas Decorations from 2013 - 2016.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:
- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.
As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!