

- It's official. There's a sweet little cottontail living beneath the craft building. I've accidentally frightened the poor thing a few times whenever going out the front door to feed the donkeys in the evenings. (I have two game cameras out there, so hopefully I'll capture video of it).
- Speaking of the donkeys, Anna was so excited about getting a carrot tonight that she RAN to the fence line.
I think the girls are hungry. Their grass isn't growing well at all and their owner doesn't even put out hay for them. (No one lives at the house since they can't find a renter).
The next time we use the riding mower we're going to rake up some of the grass and toss it on their side of the fence. If they don't like it, we can always rake it back up.
Or we might just put a little bit of hay over there for them. Their owner wouldn't mind. We even have a key to their gate.
- It's actually cold tonight! It makes me want to bake, but instead I made a cappuccino. Yum!


It's currently 48 degrees but it's supposed to drop down to 36. (I'm so glad I put out more bird seed and deer corn for the critters). Of course, on Monday it's supposed to get back up to the 80's.
I really wish the seasons weren't so schizophrenic around here. It's a little depressing.
- The other day, when the weather first turned cool, Mom went to Brenham. On the way home she took the back country roads and had the car windows down. While in Greenvine, she was enjoying the view and weather when all of a sudden she sees a little mouse in the middle of the road. It stopped, looked at the car as it slowed down, and then after a little pause decided to make a run for it.
Mom said it was funny because it was like something out of Beatrix Potter.
She isn't a fan of mice... (none of us are after having so much trouble with them back when we lived on our friend's 43 acres)... but in this instance it felt story-bookish.- What's with the Hallmark channel playing Christmas movies when Halloween hasn't even arrived?





The cool front moving in the other morning.
I do wish it was even colder during the day, but it has been nice.



Babies everywhere. It's like having toddlers in the house.








-chuckle- That sweet little cottontail will nibble on the leaves of the flowers you try to put out, next spring. I know! :-)
ReplyDeleteHappy Haunting!
Luna Crone