
(Artwork: Amanda Oei Wells)


- The neighbor was seen loading the calves in the trailer on Sunday, which makes me sad. I always hate when the babies and Mama's are separated.
For days now the Mama Cows have been calling for their babies. They just pace along the entire field, calling for them so loudly that they sound like dinosaurs or something. I feel so awful for them!
- My brother is in Maryland this week. At the airport he saw Dan Rather, reading a newspaper. (I am NOT a fan of his by the way). They both went to Sam Houston State University, so when my brother saw him he said - "Go Bear Cats!" (He smiled and said it back).
Apparently, he has a place in Austin. It's a few blocks away from where my brother used to live.

- There's a brother/sister Disney World vlog now that does LIVE videos from the Disney parks and resorts. They're becoming really popular.
They post a new video every morning, and their live videos take place Friday evenings and sometimes on the weekend as well. (I love them because they are a strictly Disney vlog and refuse to discuss politics at all, which is something that's been present on a lot of the other Disney vlogs).
For a while now they've been wanting everyone to come up with a name for their fans. The name I came up with was "Resort Hoppers," because they visit the parks and resorts both. It also reminds me of Disney's 'park hopper' tickets. (In a video from a few weeks ago the brother kept mentioning that "Resort Hoppers" was his favorite, so that was fun to hear).
They're voting on the name all week. I think it'd be so neat if my entry won, although I really do love the name "ResortKeteers." (I enjoy that one because it reminds me of Classic Disney; Mouseketeers).

- My favorite tv series OF ALL TIME is Northern Exposure, from the 1990's.
A few weeks ago I discovered a radio website - KBHR just like in the tv show - and on Sunday's they air a marathon of random NX episodes. There are no commercials or ads, and the episodes are unedited with all the original music.
So these days Sundays are FUN days!

- It's actually been cool for three mornings now!
And by that I mean actual FALL-ish weather. No sticky humidity. For the first time I was able to wear a sweater!
Granted, lots of people are still wearing shorts and sandals but not me. I've been waiting forever for my sweater to fulfill it's destiny.

I'm looking forward to FINALLY being able to enjoy the back patio.
The only sad news about that though is that the calves are gone now. It would have been nice watching them playing. They always played at night, and cooler weather would have made them even more frisky.

- I was so excited about the past couple of days being cool and comfortable that I decided to get some chocolate chips to bake some chocolate chip cookies.
I hardly ever do that sort of thing, so oh yes.... I am incredibly happy over it becoming cooler. The days feel like spring - today it's a warm 83 degrees - but the mornings feel so wonderful. I still can't believe I got to wear a sweater the other morning.

- At last I got around to watching the Hallmark sequel to "All of my Heart." (The house isn't the same as in the original, and that was distracting). All I really got out of it was that I still want some miniature goats! We could easily get some living out here, but we've vowed not to get anymore pets.
We never travel because there's no one to watch them, and besides... I think if you have pets you just do your best not to travel.

- We finally got around to bringing some pumpkins home. We got three of them.
We still need to get some hay bales to set them on. We wanted to get them today, but with the groceries in the car there wasn't room for any.

- On the way to the store there was a BEAUTIFUL young buck trying to cross the road. I don't know how Mom saw it in time, seeing how the location it was in is very wooded and the speed limit there is 70 mph, but she did.
Thank God the deer saw her and headed back into the woods. We would have felt so bad if that beautiful creature was hurt or killed.
There are A LOT of deer out here, so thank goodness we're in the habit of constantly eyeing both sides of the road when driving.

- Tomorrow is Mom's birthday!
It's too bad we won't be at Disney World for it. We've spent two of her birthdays there so far.

The above pic is a small version of what I'm going to put on her computer desktop tomorrow. I also made her a birthday card. (Yes, I still make my Mom's cards by hand. She loves them).

Once again I'm afraid my pics are pretty blah. As evidenced below, there are no fall colors save for red on a few leaves of one tree. Sad.
In good news, it looks like one of the trees is finally growing!






Our pumpkin finally got a makeover. It was so faded that it had to be re-painted.


As you can see, Izzy is still setting her squeaker toys in places to track me. (In this case, in front of my closet door). Also, she put one of her toys on a comfy pillow.







The furkids enjoyed sitting out in the front during the cool weather. Maddie loved watching the donkeys next door.


Talk about l-o-n-g legs on an otherwise small spider.



See what I mean? Lousy pics once again, yet I post them anyway. OCD, anyone?



HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your Mom!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHooray for some coolness!!!!!!!!!!