Saturday, December 9, 2017

Miraculous, Surprising SNOW!

claire_fletcher_500
(Artwork: Claire Fletcher)

First off, if anyone is leaving a comment and it isn't showing my apologies. I've been having problems with Blogger lately, so just know I'm not ignoring you. Ever since the computer did yet another automatic "update," it's been misbehaving. (Usually it only affects platforms like Pinterest or a photo hosting site. I've no idea why).

flake good

It flippin' SNOWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sn_man snow

I am still freaking out because Texas hardly ever gets snow and there wasn't any mention of snow in the forecast at all. All I know is that Thursday evening my sister texted my Mom that it was beginning to snow in Austin, and then my niece mentioned it snowing there in College Station at A&M University. I did NOT expect for us to see anything at all. I really just figured that Austin would receive a few flurries and nothing more.

I take a shower, and then the next thing I know Mom tells me that there are snow flurries dancing around outside. Being inherently pessimistic towards the possibility of any snowfall, I wasn't too excited. I really figured that this was just another instance of seeing a few snow flurries mixed in with mostly rain. (We had had two days of 100% chance rain up until then). It's always depressing to me to see snow flurries in the air, only for nothing to come of it. (Snow being so close, yet so far away because it melts the instant it touches the ground).

I can't believe the heat index the other day was in the mid to high 80's, and a few days later it SNOWS!

Never in my life have I seen snow in the countryside. It was so pretty. My only regret was that when the snow was falling, it was pitch dark out. (Also, it was a very slushy snow). There are no streetlights where I live, so the only place I could see it falling from the sky was underneath our one flood light. To see it anywhere else I had to take a photo using the flash.

6081_600

I would have LOVED to have seen the snow falling over the pretty landscape during the day. It also would have been nice to see the neighbor's cattle in his pasture, but at least I got to see the other neighbor's cattle... and then of course the donkeys.

And before I forget, this was Abby's response to me asking her what she thinks of the snow falling outside in the middle of the night.

its_fun

That's her 'I-just-want-to go-to-sleep' expression. tongue Once that tongue sticks out, she's ready for bed.

Or maybe she was trying to tell me something?

flakes

The neighbor's donkeys seemed to tolerate the snow surprisingly well, but our dogs... well, it's a mixed bag. Maddie of course LOVED it, and while Abby was curious her little feet couldn't take it at all. Izzy of course, the diva of the household, absolutely hated it. She didn't know what was going on, and she never has been a fan of the cold or rain.

It's going to take forever to go through and selectively edit my photos. (I took close to 1,000 photos and video). On Thursday night - when the snow was falling - followed by Friday, I had a horrible headache. That headache turned into a migraine, and only went away last night after taking one of Dad's prescription meds for migraines.

And then this morning I had a monster sinus headache, but thank goodness the OTC meds actually helped for a change. I decided to take advantage of this break in between headaches... yes, I think it will return... by editing just a few of the photos and video.

lines-044

o_xms_tree

It took a while this year, but our tree is FINALLY up! Most of the lights weren't working on the tree, so we had to buy some more.

And as you can see, Izzy found a comfy spot on the tree bag.

izzy_tree_500v

tree

I still have a few ornaments left to put on the tree, but I'm really thinking of not even bothering this time. Time will tell.

I really need to concentrate on posting the rest of my photos of the holiday decor, but I think miraculous snow takes precedence here.

fri_dec_8_2017

The cold temperature alone was reason enough to celebrate, but waking up to see SNOW on the ground????? Miraculous!

heart_gold

image

image

image

image

image

6502_600

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

lines-044

branch_-_orn_-_chv







santa-sig

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kristen!

    Thank you for your prayers...they mean more than you will ever know, thank you!

    I thought of you when I saw that it had snowed in...Texas!! See, prayers are answered!!

    Love your snowy photos. You need to print them and hang them up with your Christmas decorations!!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Great photos of the snow... We had about 3 inches here in NEPA yesterday!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It always makes me smile when people get excited about snow. Mainly because I'm not a huge fan of winter. I must say though your photos are quite lovely. I tend to have "Abby's" outlook on winter and snow. Which by the way it snowed here today. - Your tree is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!