Monday, September 25, 2017

Creating Fall Indoors

fox_2
(Artwork: Unknown)

Since it's still in the 90's outside, I've been trying to add subtle hints of autumn inside the house.

The other day I put up the Halloween decor inside the china cabinet, as well as added just a teensy bit of autumn berries and leaves in the foyer and living room.

Then on Saturday, after the barn guy FINALLY left the house, I created a small vignette inside my room. I wish I had better materials to work with, but for now it is what it is. I'm definitely changing it as soon as I can.

The pine cone candle was white and covered in dirt that refused to wash off, so I painted it. I doubt the light from the candle will shine through at all now, but it doesn't matter since today I noticed the light doesn't shine very bright to begin with. I'll probably replace it with a small glass jar with a battery operated candle inside instead. I'll also fill the jar with something fall-ish.

By the way, it wasn't easy taking decent photos. The lighting in my bedroom is a joke.

fall

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

Click HERE for last year's simple decor.

515_Divider1

photos_fall

Our Don Juan rose bush is finally looking all pretty again. She really surprised me because she went from being all gorgeous and profusely blooming to really suffering for a while there. She isn't quite her old self again, but I think she's on her way.

And isn't that an awesome frog?!

image

foggy_600

image

frog_600

image

abby_400

Abby is actually behaving more like a dog lately. For weeks now she's often lying down on the LIVING ROOM RUG instead of beneath my bed.

image

roses_600

image

kr_fall2

1 comment:

  1. More Autumn decor, even tho it's 90 there!!!

    Here it's been 90 too. And being a wimp, I have not done any yet.

    What's with me? Am I not into seasonal decor anymore????????????

    I know people change. And I do still love Autumn. But..... ??????

    Oh well, I'm not gonna' beat myself up over this. :-) I am not into doing that, at all, anymore. :-)

    Mmmm, the little pumpkin lights.... They could go in the corner of the hearth room....................

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love receiving comments on my blog(s), but I do have one simple rule:

- SPAM and anonymous comments will be deleted immediately. If I see any, my magic wand here will carry you off to the hungry crocodile with a taste for ticking clocks and a certain captain with a shiny hooked hand.

As for everyone else, I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my little (although rambling) blog. Be kind to yourself, and in true Disney fashion.... Have a Magical Day!