
Here are a few questions that I found online. I figured I'd take a stab at the little buggers, too.


You have been kidnapped, but the last person you saw in a movie is trying to rescue you. Who is rescuing you?
Over the weekend I watched the 60’s comedy “The Ghost and Mr. Chicken,” starring Don Knotts.

Oh, God. I’m gonna die!!!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
When you think of your home, what immediately comes to mind?
Fake country.
As in I wish I couldn’t see any of my neighbor’s houses, and that we weren’t near a road filled with big rigs and commuters. I want to experience REAL country living and not the half @ss kind.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
If your life was a book, what would the title be?
What the heck is this place?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
If you had to be TRAPPED in a TV show for A MONTH, which show would you choose?
Northern Exposure!

Because in Cicely, Alaska it snows and in that cerebral town I would never EVER be bored.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Name one thing that caught your attention this week.

I recently heard that the “useful idiots” of society - (as in Saul Alinsky’s useful idiots) – have segued from tar and feathering inanimate Confederate statues to banning the classic movie Gone With The Wind.
My reply to these little children? I’m torn between “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn” and “Bless your heart.” (But of course they can’t comprehend sarcasm. It’s like a dog whistle to them. They can't hear it).
Are these people’s eyes even connected to their brains? When they try to paint the MSM and obstructionists in congress as saints that love children and heal injured fawns in the wood… the diverse South as a collective KKK... and Trump as that fork-tailed fella that has a penchant for cannibalism and forcing little kitty cat’s paws into electrical sockets
… they make about as much sense as a nonsense poem like Lewis Carrolls' Jabberwocky: “Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves
And the mome raths outgrabe.”
Yes, I had to copy/paste the actual poem which is something the useful idiots couldn’t accomplish without personal assistance. They don’t know how to use Google without help from the Democratic Party.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Imagine that you are stuck on an island and could only bring ONE THING. What would you choose?
The Tardis of course.
When trapped in a place you don’t wish to be trapped in, I would imagine having a time machine is an asset.


Now this is something remarkable. After Hurricane Harvey did his level best to destroy my state, rising out of the rubble like a Phoenix was a theatre troupe from the Friendswood area.
Here’s the description from their video, which I’ll share below:
After Harvey left me 48 inches of water in my house I had a barricade of ruined possessions in my ditch. So I called all my theater friends and said, "Hey, let's sing Les Mis." Here's the result.
I especially loved the end, with the flag. That was a nice touch.
I feel so horrible for these people. So many of the survivors have lost everything. Not just their homes and personal possessions like furniture, but personal mementos like baby books, home videos and photographs. These things can never be replaced.
Here's video of her house and neighborhood, before the flood waters subsided:
And now I’ve got to mention something.
For quite a while now I’ve been hearing on tv quite a lot about the indomitable “Texas Spirit” and “Texas Pride.” I can’t lie. It’s a real thing. How can it not exist, knowing our history? Especially if you’re like me, a native born Texan, it’s pretty much ingrained in your soul since birth.
And I don’t mean this in an arrogant way. Not at all. (Although Chad Prather calls it a “humble arrogance."
I wouldn’t go that far, but I find the oxymoron quite funny). Putting it simply, we think of it this way: We’re Texans first, and Americans second. 
And that is a fundamental truth for every Texan, whether native born or honorary. (Yes, there are honorary Texans. That’s also real).
But currently there’s a CAT 4 hurricane (which might turn back into a CAT 5) barreling towards Florida. I worry over how catastrophic this menace might be, but I know the people of Florida will come together just as New York did after 9/11, and now Texas after Harvey’s havoc. I don’t think any state would NOT come together after calamities such as these. (I understand that Florida is no stranger to hurricanes, but this one is particularly frightening).
And the same goes for the people in those states battling wildfires right now. Just like with the hurricanes and the flooding, wildfires are no joke.
Almost an hour away from my house is Bastrop, which is one city that has literally been transformed by wildfires. It’s a shell of its former self now. (Back in 2011 over 34,000 acres burned. Those fires even spread into our own county at the time, burning something like 5,000 acres. Fortunately, all we saw from our house was smog but it was unsettling for a while there).
Here's one video that I found:
Both sides of the highway now look like Mordor from Lord of the Rings. It's a barren wasteland of dead trees. It is very, very depressing traveling down that one stretch of road.
Okay, now I’m rambling. My 5 Minute Friday is turning into 5 Hours Friday.
I guess what I’m trying to get across is that while what they’re saying about Texas is absolutely true, what’s equally true is that we’ve seen that indomitable spirit before. (Most people are decent, no matter what the media tries to sell). We saw strength through tragedy after 9/11, and I have no doubt we’ll see it again. I just hope we won’t HAVE to see it again for a long, long time.

Banning "Gone With The Wind" film.... Well, wasn't it a necessity, to come to this??? LOL How about raiding libraries, for copies of the book, and burning them, in the streets? Could that be next?
ReplyDeleteAfter all, the weather is getting cooler (in some places) and everyone loves a good bonfire. The lib loons can dance around it.
With liberal loons, one can only imagine, where their pee-sized-brains will be focused on next!
And I did notice that the Ann. of 9/11, is Monday. From an article in the Wall Street Journal. Pointing out that "THEY" have not gone away. &^%$*(&^%$#
They probably don't know it's also a book. lol! During the hurricane I saw a few 'protesting' videos. (And SJW videos. Talk about nutty). Good Lord did it open my eyes. These folks are definitely paid. Most of them are college kids, but there were also a few homeless that they just took off the streets. (Which I personally find evil. They could try helping those people, but instead they exploit them for their agenda of the day). Most of the time, when you ask them why they're there, they refuse to speak. (Further proof that they're paid anarchists. If they're there to protest, you would think they'd be open to discussion but when they DO speak... they just repeat the same talking points. Accusations and nothing to back them up. They don't even know BASIC things). If the media would just ignore them, they'd go away. They make up such a small percentage of the population. It's just that they're noisy.
ReplyDelete