
(Artwork: Annette Peterson)
I cannot seem to fall asleep
and for some odd reason feel a tightness in my throat, so I'm going to bore myself to sleep by writing this post.Which means to anyone reading this, save yourself and turn back now!


- I am really worried about this Hurricane Irma spiraling towards my home away from home; Florida. I saw live video of it in the Caribbean, and for goodness sake it looked and sounded like a monster.
Which it is, being a Category FIVE!
- Yesterday was the first day that I hadn't seen or heard any helicopters headed towards flooded Houston, etc.
It's a little strange not hearing them anymore. I've gotten so used to them.
- I haven't had any interesting dreams for a l-o-n-g time now, and half the time I can't remember them. (Which is rare for me). However, the other morning I dreamed about confronting different relatives in our family. In this dream I was sticking up for my mother.
While the dream itself isn't really worth writing down, it gives me hope that maybe those nocturnal ramblings will return now.
I really miss those space dreams. I used to have those all the time.
- It's been so HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankfully, the other morning I could actually feel a hint of fall in the air. It was still hot, but something felt a little different. A few days later I took Abby outside in the morning and....

Egads! It was actually a little cool!
As in actual cool air, imagination not required. And even better, there was no humidity mucking up the air.
Was I dreaming? Had I been swallowed by a black hole and spat out into a parallel universe? What was happening??!!?!


We celebrated by opening the windows for about an hour. After that the heat returned, but that span of 60 minutes let me know that summer is only temporary. I know we won't be visited by fall and winter like most places, but at least August is outta here.
Which makes me really GLAD! Things don't have to be 100% perfect for me to be happy. I take the good with the bad.
I guess that sounds a little Pollyanna-ish, but it's how I feel. (And not too long ago I watched the movie. I guess it sort of brainwashed me, but what can I say? I'd rather be brainwashed by a fictional character than the media). But I feel a kinship with her, or try to anyway. I look at it this way:
We don't experience real "seasons" around here, and Pollyanna didn't get the bedroom of her dreams in Aunt Polly's mansion of all places. Instead, she was relegated to the old attic.
Choosing to look on the bright side though, Pollyanna saw the positives.
1). The room was her own, and 2). There was a beautiful oak tree growing just outside the window.

And so I, too, choose to look on the bright side. There aren't many freezing days ahead, and there won't be any beautiful fall colors on the trees, but the triple digit temps seem to be over and my favorite holiday is around the corner.


It's time to start watching some ghost shows!

- Over the weekend my mother went to Hobby Lobby in College Station.
We don't have anything like that around here, so she had a good time looking at the fall decor. Since there's no telling when any of us will visit Hobby Lobby again, she bought a couple of cute signs as well as the materials to make her own Mickey Mouse Fall wreath.


I think it turned out so cute! When the grocery stores get in the pumpkins we're going to carve a few. We've already received the carving tools we've ordered from Amazon.
- All that rain from Harvey has brought in more scorpions and snakes. We had a snake on our property recently and the other day our neighbor killed a copperhead.

I face my fear of snakes everyday though. Every day I cross our little field to feed both sets of donkeys their carrots.
Today "Elsa" was so excited that she RAN to me, begging for a second carrot as I fed the boys next door. (I've never seen her as excited as "Anna" gets. She's usually the quieter of the two). She reminded me of a dog begging for a treat. lol! I wish I got it on film.
But going back to the snakes, I often wish we had hover boards like on The Jetsons.

That way I wouldn't have to wear rubber boots every single time I go outside, and I wouldn't have to eagle eye the ground for snakes that want to kill me.
- Little by little I'm still adding my old blog posts inside this one.
Thanks so much, Photobucket.
I'm still really angry with you.- I really want to do something like these for Christmas.

(Via)
- After Hurricane Harvey left we ordered the dogs their own raincoats. They finally arrived in the mail and they are so cute!
Maddie loves hers because we tell her how pretty she is wearing it, and Abby looks adorable in hers because it has little rubber duckies on it. It is too big on her around the waist though, so we're going to have to remedy that.
But Izzy... oh goodness. Izzy is our Pomeranian and no matter what size raincoat we put on her it's a disaster. She is so fluffy, and her tail curls over her back, so the raincoat just bunches in the center of her back like a wadded up trash bag.
It's pretty funny-looking!

Luckily, we finally bought some thinning scissors for her fur so we're hoping that De-poofing her coat will help. I also think we're going to have to cut a hole in the coat for her curly tail to pull through.



I haven't done little quizzes like this for a very long time.
Do I believe in them? Not really, but at times they're eerily accurate and are just plain fun to do. With these, I'd say some had truth to them while others were a little bit off.
The first one I consider a little off because while I do tend to look at the big picture I also am a very detailed person. I absolutely DO notice the little things.
Below are the links to each quiz:
LINK 1 / LINK 2 / LINK 3 / LINK 4 / LINK 5

If you first saw the man with binoculars, you’re entirely concerned with the bigger picture and tend to miss out on important details. Also since the man with binoculars is the entire image, you may be prone to gathering data in quick glances instead of properly thinking things through. Although being fixated on the bigger picture is usually a good thing, sometimes, details matter too.

If you’re a girl and see a guy’s face, it symbolizes your want for a partner, or the coming of your prince charming soon or maybe your connection with a prince charming you’ve already found. They are occupying quite a bit of your mind, and that’s good. Since the guy’s face shows changes in love life and healthy changes that you need.

It’s quite difficult to figure out the boat in this picture at first glance, so it shows how you never miss out on small details. It also shows your ability to be creative and find out a unique solution to any problem.


You’re a Medium
The drinker of this humble Chalice is bestowed with the gift of Mediumship. You are able to perceive more that meets the eye and definitely, you know that you can see the unseen.

If you see a woman first, you’re using your left side of the brain. It shows you to be logical and analytical. You tend to think things through before you jump the gun. You are also an optimist with hopes the future will bring good to you. Your positive healing energy can help you in being a source of goodness to the people around you. Only if you can control your perfectionist urges at times.

If you saw the silhouettes of men before the pillars, it shows you are not bound by anything and are a mostly people oriented person. You tend to take things that people say to your sensitive heart and focus on the behaviors of individuals.
It shows your inclinations towards an introverted way of life wherein you derive your energy and motivations from within. You can be a high achiever if you can only overcome your concerns.




The woman is in a position with her knees bent and she’s doubled forward with her hands on her head. This is a position where she’s possibly trying to defend herself or maybe avoiding detection by an onlooker.
Seeing a woman is a sign of mental fatigue or inner regret. Presently, you might be facing some difficult times of your life and possibly dreading a major change coming your way. You perceive this change as something which can turn your entire world upside down.
Choosing the woman can also be a sign of a toxic relationship wherein your partner is a source or worry and unhappiness for you. They’re preying on your good energy and not giving you your much wanted space.
It is about time you let go of the things draining you and focus on doing the best you can. It’s a good time to quit overthinking and just follow your passions. Change, any kind of change, is always for the better and if it’s inevitable, you’d do better to just accept it and mold yourself according to it.

Your subconscious fear is a betrayal. Perhaps others have hurt or crossed you too many times. Maybe you’ve faced some serious rejection, whether it be a job or a dream. You do well at hiding this weakness, however. It only rears its ugly head when you’re face to face with it.

The bird and the crab both: people who can identify both of these in the first time are more sensitive than your average and are more in tune with their emotions.


With this last quiz I honestly couldn't decide between two of them. Initially, I chose the fifth but after seeing the symbol more clearly I liked the 4th one better.
Triskelion
The number Three has always been considered magical and/or sacred. In triskelion the Pillars of our body are powerful forces of Change, overcoming difficulties and jumping over physical and spiritual barriers. If you choose the Triskelion then you need something to help you break the barriers of your physical life.
The Triskelion is a personification of the creative force of the Sun. Furthermore, the Solar Forces help us bloom. Triskelion’s three legs united, create a rather “unnatural” force which can be tapped into to create in reality what we really want.

Wondering how people in Houston, and etc. feel, now that all eyes are on FL??? Certainly, all of TX is not yet totally fixed up and "tickity-pohhh." And all of a sudden, TX is the 'bridesmaid' and FL is the 'bride'.
ReplyDeleteJust wondering. I do stuff like that. Wonder nutty stuff. ,-)
Wow, what a wreath your mom made! Just wow!
We have to not dwell on the bad stuff. We have to. Life is made up of great and not great. Find the mostly great. Don't dwell on the not great. Only common sense to me.
Blowing you a bit of our almost-cold weather, down to you!!!!!! Really, we have to put the heat on, in the morning, when we come down. till the sun comes around and warms us up.
Good luck with returning dreams!!!
They say that in some areas the water won't recede completely for at least another month. I expected the media to not talk about it as much by now, Hurricane Irma or not. That's just the cycle of things when it comes to the media. No one wants to listen to the same story day in and day out.
ReplyDeleteI just hope people realize that Houston wasn't the only area affected. It's really widespread: Pearland, Friendswood, Beaumont, Port Aransas, etc. A lot of these people, if they have any house left at all, still don't even have electricity. (Which is a nightmare in itself for this time of year). Also, Hurricane Season doesn't end until November. I'm sure they're worried over that on top of everything that's already happened.
And yes, PLEASE bring some cold weather this way. The good news is that it felt cool again this morning. It was somewhere in the 60's. It warmed up quickly, but it was nice while it lasted.