
- It is so H-U-M-I-D outside!!!! The humidity was a killer this morning. It made me so happy that I mowed the backyard yesterday, but then I remembered that I never did the side yard next to the gazebo. I wanted to do it yesterday but the heat was making me sick so I had to stop and put the mower back in the barn.
I guess that means I'll finish it today. I think I'm going to iron and bathe a couple of the dogs first though, as well as make more sugar water for the hummers. (Yes, I'm procrastinating).
This is how it was yesterday:

Fun, huh?

This was the view of the neighbors pond this morning. I loved seeing the fog.

Since fall refuses to visit us I think I'm going to create a little bit of fall indoors, starting with emptying the china cabinet to set up the Halloween vignettes inside instead.



Some of these videos are from as far back as April and July.
Unfortunately, the 30 inches of rain we received from Harvey has ruined our brand new, expensive bottle brush trees. They experienced root rot. Two of them are already as dead as door nails, so I know the others will suffer the same fate. We also have a brand new wisteria that's croaking as well.
It's frustrating because it's really difficult getting things to grow out here and before we were dumped on with all that rain those trees were flourishing and looked PERFECTLY healthy. Not one flaw marked them. Every time I watered them I spoke to them, telling them how beautiful and healthy they looked.
It's just such a shame that a literal 1 in a 1,000 year weather event had to come along just a couple months after they were planted.

- I never have liked the Red Cross. I always knew that they weren't a real charity, and during the war they charged my grandfather and his fellow soldiers for cigarettes.
Which I find outrageous considering those men were willing to give up their lives. The very least they deserved while experiencing all that horror were free cigarettes.
I hope those videos gain popularity and will wake up the rest of the world.
- I MUST share this, too. It's so adorable! How many kids can put on their resume that they mowed the White House lawn?! I'll tell you how many. ONE!
He also got to visit the Oval Office, which is something else most people never see. Double Score!


- I really love these videos, about some of the pets during Hurricane Harvey and Irma.
I'm really glad that Hurricane Irma wasn't as bad as people thought it was going to be. It absolutely had the makings of a disaster before it hit land. That one really worried me for a while there.
We were especially worried over one of our old neighbor's from back when we lived in Pearland. His wife was in New York, helping thier daughter move up there, and he decided to STAY at their house in NAPLES! Naples was only the worst place to be during this hurricane.
I saw that Jacksonville got hit pretty hard. I have a cousin that lived there as a kid for about a year.
Here are some of those videos from Houston, Texas.
That first video is one of my favorites. The unadulterated JOY in that man's voice is priceless.
The second video is bittersweet.
This was in one city where I used to sub in Conroe, Texas.
And now Florida.
- I’m still in awe over the celebrities and imbeciles that say the latest hurricanes are a result of Mother Nature trying to destroy the red states.
All I can say is, Wow. I had no clue that Mother Nature possesses a conscious mind capable of following human life, civilization and politics! Who knew hurricanes weren't a natural weather phenomenon? These hurricanes are actually cerebral! They follow politics and human civilization!
Oooookay, sure. Why not?

Newsflash: It's called hurricane season for a reason. We just had a hurricane here in Texas and Florida, because.... drum roll!!!!.... it's hurricane season ya dolts! (And that's after about a decade of nothing. Hurricane Ike happened back in 2008).
Also, when South Texas is getting several feet of snow each winter, and Canada is experiencing the opposite... then we'll talk about climate change.
- By the way, I saw some FUN videos of Walt Disney World right before and after the hurricane. The Magic Kingdom was so empty!!!

We don't give money to the Red Cross. Or the United Way.<--Are they even around any more?
ReplyDeleteThe Salvation Army. We trust them.