
- Went to town in La Grange yesterday.
I've discovered that with the three stores we've been to since after the hurricane/flooding - in Giddings and La Grange both - they are either completely out of or just low on certain items. Mainly eggs, iced mocha and Half-and-Half.
I guess people just can't live without their coffee.
I also heard that before the storm a lot of people were buying beer. 
- Still seeing A LOT of Lighting/Power trucks and hearing A LOT of helicopters around here. Also, at Tractor Supply there were three army volunteers, picking up supplies I guess.

Did I mention lots of helicopters? I hear them all day and even at night. They are really keeping b-u-s-y. I really am hearing them all the time. I guess they're re-fueling around here?
Also, Mom went to College Station today and saw a lot of National Guard.
- Got another jumbo bag of carrots for the donkeys. The girls were so happy!

I haven't been able to feed the boys yet though. They're always on the far side of the pasture when I'm out there.
- I've noticed on Facebook that the La Grange flood victims are receiving a lot of help from various churches and businesses. Only about 40 people are in a shelter.
- When crossing the bridge over the Colorado river I was pleased to see that it's back down to normal.

- After the grocery store, we tried to fill up the gas tank but they were out. All they had was diesel. We then saw that the Shell Station was price gouging people.
I'm not surprised, but shame on them!
- We brought home Domino's Pizza again. It is no nice having a new fast food place over there! I only wish they would deliver this far, but they don't.
I find that a little ridiculous actually. It isn't like we're completely out in the boonies.
- I am so upset. It's now after 8 pm, and I was just outside with Abby - so she could play fetch with her favorite pet rock - and I noticed that one of our new bottle brush trees is dead!
It was so healthy and vibrant looking before all that rain fell. Honestly, it looks poisoned. It's so strange because the other trees still look fine.


The photos are lousy yet again, but I'm just gonna live with it.





Oh, look. That SOB Harvey left us rain flowers.










Listen to that rain!
That bull cracks me up. He is so different from the other bulls our neighbor has had over the years. First of all, the other bulls were giants but they also tended to separate themselves from the rest of the herd.
I guess this one is different because he's younger? I don't even know why he's so obsessed with that one cow. She isn't in season and is still taking care of her calf.
Every single day I see him by her side.
The girls were SO HAPPY to be able to lie down in the sunshine the other day. I never see them do that. They really were enjoying themselves.
The boys though... well, Pedro especially is always taking a dirt bath beneath his favorite tree.
All I know is that all four of them are more than happy to be out of the rain. They really do hate getting wet, and the boys had nowhere at all to escape to. At least the girls had a little barn/shed.
I am so glad that we live even further from the coast now. Hurricanes just aren't such a big deal in these parts, except for possibly losing your electricity of course.
Which is so not fun. I've lived 2 weeks - 15 days to be exact - without it and it was horrible. Not only physically, but mentally.
All that moisture in the air, not having air conditioning, even starts to affect your home. (The walls, floors and doors most especially).


- I only watch the news sporadically now. Some of the images are too heartbreaking, but there are also some good ones. People helping one another.
Sorry Obama and Fakestream Media, but the aftermath of Harvey is proving what liars you've been trying to convince the country that it's filled with white supremacists and racists.
- Discovered today that the family that was living with our old neighbors/my parents best friends in Spring/The Woodlands have now moved out; with family I suppose.
Their house was completely flooded. They have absolutely nothing left. Not even a mattress to sleep on. The husband is a contractor and he lost all of his tools; his livelihood!
We're going to try to help them out, but I think we're going to have to be sly about it.
It's so sad. They have a newborn baby, too.
- After hearing that places like Port Aransas are starting to see coyotes now, because of the floods, I also learned that feral hogs are going to be a problem.
Hogs are TERRIFYING!!!

It was then that I saw a photo of this poor little possum during the hurricane. It looked pretty young. A reporter took video of it, but I wouldn't watch it. The photo was more than enough to haunt me for the rest of my life.
The poor thing was cold, petrified out of it's mind, hungry, wet and miserable. And what did the reporter do?
Nothing. Absolutely nothing, except film it's misery of course. Leave it to a heartless reporter to just sit back and watch an innocent animal's suffering. Thanks to their icy heart that brave, frightened little possum is probably dead right now.
Possums are the cleanest creatures and they don't carry rabies. The very least this reporter - or cameraman for that matter - could have done was wrap it in a jacket, and place it somewhere dry. I understand that they might have been afraid of being attacked, but from what I could tell this little possum looked too exhausted to attack in self-defense.
They should have at least tried SOMETHING!!!
- Speaking of animal rescues, I found this one that took place in College Station. (I have family that live there).
I love how trusting that horse is of that man. He clearly knows a lot about horses. (I've seen a few horse rescues).
I also saw some deer on tv. It looked like a Mama Deer and her fawn. They were both lying down together in a speed boat.
And I've seen lots of cat and dog rescues. One rescue involved 3 dogs on a rooftop. It was the oddest, most frightful sight seeing those dogs frantically running on a rooftop surrounded by nothing but water.
As was seeing a tiny baby kitten TRYING SO HARD to cling on to some teensy little cylinder of some kind as it floated toward the underside of a bridge or deck. The rescuer of the little kitten got to it before it got beneath the structure.
It breaks my heart seeing, or even thinking, about all those frightened animals that were initially left behind. All those animals were so terrified.
The only animals I saw that weren't like that - at least when the people showed up and cameras were rolling - were several dogs being rescued from a couple of houses. Those pups were all kissing the rescuers face and wagging their tails and kissing each other in their kennels.
I even saw a photo of a bat that was rescued. (I would think that probably took place near Austin. There are a lot of bats there. My brother even had one at his house once).
But all those pets... that worries me because animal shelters are already filled to capacity even before something like this happens. It's just all so tragic.
If we didn't already have pets, we would open our home to some. They'd have to have a really safe enclosure though, because of the critters we sometimes get around here.
I'd never sleep for fear of worrying over their safety, that's for sure.



Good Lord. I just discovered that President Trump was in PEARLAND today! He was literally minutes from where I grew up.
I marked it on the map, via the blue circle. Colleen Drive was my street. We moved there the week that I turned 9 years old. We lived there for over 20 years. (From 1983-2005. Day-um, I'm old!) That is just so weird!
The house I lived in then was the one I mentioned the other day. This one:

In fact, the church Trump was in - marked by the red circle - is the same church we used to take our little neighbor to that I used to babysit. She teaches there in that church now. That church is less than 5 minutes away from my old house. They say he took Yost Blvd.
I love the lady in a video that I found on Facebook. She was so sweet, saying she is always praying for him.

Found more videos:

Watching the footage in Texas is so heartbreaking. Especially the animals. My friends in Houston have been saying the same thing about the bias media - people of all colors and economic backgrounds are coming together for each other. I love to see this!! I also loved seeing the president back on Texas ground today. Love your photos!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad some things are getting more back to normal.....
ReplyDeletebut all the sadness, will take a long time, to go away... losing everything! oh sighhhhhh....
so glad, you never lost power. can't imagine TX, without A/C.
The President visited again! Good for him.
Since I don't watch news, I don't know but..... I am sure the Liberal Press hollered at him, for going back, and tying up things, for security. But if he didn't go, they would holler at him, for not going!!!!
This is just the way it is. Which is horrible. But, all I can do, is protect my old self. From becoming so upset, over the Liberal Press.
Hugsssss....