
(Artwork: Oana Befort)
Went to the show a second time. During this trip I saw people coming from Louisiana, Florida and California. Now those people are some SERIOUS shoppers!
I saw on Facebook over the weekend that Alicia Silverstone was at the show, and that this week some of the Robertson Family from Duck Dynasty will be debuting some Cajun food truck over at Junk Gypsy. I knew they come to the show every year, but is their tv show even still on? I have no idea. I'm not a fan of "reality" tv in general.
Nor of Cajun food. Blech! I mean, craw-daddy's/crawfish? When we lived in Pearland we used to find those things in OUR DITCH! Why would anyone eat something that can be found in A DITCH?!

But anyway --- I still haven't gotten around to trying that Nitro Cold Brew Iced Coffee at the show. It has Blue Bell ice cream in it, and I want to try it so badly!

They sell it over at Royer's Pie Haven over at Henkel Square year round, but during the show they have a stand at Junk Gypsy's Headquarters. I saw them there the other day, but we didn't stop because we wanted to make just two more stops.

I FINALLY got around to trying it. When they did a quick video of it on Facebook - now called a "Nitro Float" - they showed the glass PACKED with vanilla ice cream but today they only had chocolate ice cream and they used one small scoop. The iced coffee over at Blue Hills was far superior.
We went to Vintage Marketplace, and then Flown the Coop. That was my first visit at FTC. Mom bought a cute soap bowl and I got to pet their cat. His name is "Rusty."
It was SO NICE being able to pet a cat again!
After that, we went home. As always we didn't stay very long at the show. Mom has trouble with walking, and the heat and the absence of any seating makes it so much harder for her.

As the temperatures go, I was far more miserable during our first trip. This second trip was hot, but I was able to handle it. I was a warrior!

It's a shame the weather makes it so hard though, because we both really want to see more of the show. It is 25 miles long after all!
Usually the heat index is around 96 degrees, but I can handle that so long as the humidity stays at bay... which it hasn't been doing, especially in the mornings.
Below are photos of the stuff we bought during that trip. (I LOVE my little bird with the crown. I am such a sucker for any little critter donning a crown. I also like the glass bottle I added to the Halloween display).





Anyone that bought anything in this one shop was given the choice between two types of 'flags.' Since the owner of the show liked me... (because I asked her if it was okay to take photos instead of just assuming that it was)... she let me pick one out as well. Mom picked the Moon one because that's her favorite quote, so I did the other one.
If you ask me the pic of the lady is a bit of a mess. I don't know WHAT is going on with her head. lol! I liked the quote though, and figured I can find a way to fix her head. I'll figure something out.
Or will just squirrel it away in a bin somewhere.


Mom wants to paint the little pumpkin orange to match the other one.








Somehow I completely messed up the White Balance setting on the camera, so editing half of these photos was really tricky.
I LOVED the first place we stopped at. (The wheelbarrow was my absolute favorite. It was $45). Some of her stuff was priced well, but I thought most of it was just a little bit too expensive. Her place was across the road from Granny McCormick's.







This was so cute and UNIQUE! It's a little lamp, but we didn't buy it because it had to be rewired and they were asking far too much for something that needed work done. It didn't even have a shade.
I think they were asking $25 for it.




I still love the 1900's house in Burton. My mother and I really liked it, but my father was afraid of it because right behind the house there's a little old cemetery. That spooked him. lol!








For years now I've been wanting to find an antique tin truck so that I can use it during holidays. I've seen photos on Pinterest where on the beds of the truck they use stacks of Christmas trees or pumpkins.
Unfortunately, this one had pieces missing and it was expensive. I found one elsewhere for CHEAP, but then I realized it was a military truck. Darn it!


Apart from the bluebirds bathing and the donkeys playing, these vids are pretty old.

I know you two adore going to these things. So it is lovely, that you go.
ReplyDeleteI can't really appreciate it though. Since I don't like, to do such.
Hugs...