
Antiques Week in Warrenton and Round Top has begun! (Actually, it goes on for longer than a week, but that's what everyone calls it. I've no idea why).
My parents went there over the weekend, just for a bit, and then on Monday Mom and I braved the heat to do some exploring of our own. Not everything is open yet.
Little Izzy was very, very upset with me for leaving her. When we returned to the house after the show she barked me one heck of a riot act.



I'm afraid the photos aren't very good at all. It was too hot for me to really care.

It was the humidity that was really killing me. Goodness it was miserable. (I know. I know. I complain all the time about it. Sorry).
By the way, what is up with those darn love bugs returning? There aren't near as many as before, but they are still so annoying. They're always getting in the house, are taking over the hummingbird feeders, and cling to your clothes.








The BEST iced mocha from the show at Blue Hills. It was so good that I went back and got a SECOND one. It saved my life. It was so incredibly humid and hot out there that a cold drink was a God Send.










Not a good video at all. I don't even know why I bothered uploading it to be honest.
And wouldn't ya know that when I finally remembered to film my favorite view of the rolling hills in Round Top, a little rain cloud decides to open up and obscure the view at that exact moment? It wasn't even a stormy day in the slightest. Blue skies and lots of sun, and then when it is literally time to press 'record' on the camera.... cue the rain droplets and windshield wipers.
Found this video on Facebook. That's A LOT of cattle being rescued, and the people in the video said that wasn't the only time it happened.


A little while ago we added some Texas Stars to the house.

Izzy's Human GPS Alarm System.

Pillow from Junk Gypsies. We already have pillows for the living room, which we got at the show last year, but we never use them because they're gigantic and too stiff.

Just one small spot of the debris left over from Hurricane Harvey. It flooded quite a bit back there at the creek.

A few tiny goodies from the show. The cooler and little truck were from Junk Gypsies. The little items we're going to use for glitter houses.

New computer desk from the show. We need to paint it.

(Online pic)
Mug I got from Junk Gypsies.

(Online pic)
Pillow from Townsend Provisions over in Round Top.


Lavender-filled sachet from Leftovers Antiques.

(Online pic)
And this is the pillow we almost got, before we found the bunny. I still LOVE it... A LOT... but we really wanted a bunny pillow.

We have a new porch sitter.

Another pillow from Junk Gypsies.

Izzy's Human GPS Alarm System again.



Yes, another photo I found online. They had some really sweet Christmas pillows over there at Townsend Provisions.




Yesterday was my niece's birthday.
Where has the time gone? Forward, that's where. It's moved forward at lightning speed.
I wish I could turn the clock back and re-live when she and her brother were young and we all lived in the same town. We were so close back then and I never ever thought that we would all be separated. My mother and I only got them for a few years.
That damned move, and then the decision to stay, changed everything. (Although I don't blame their father. I never did. Even he wanted to come back at one point. He understood how hard a time his kids were having, so I give him credit for putting them first).

You completely lost me, with this antique show thing. :-)
ReplyDeleteMany people love doing this! But I don't. Odd-woman out again. ,-)
I have never wanted to buy anything, unless I needed it. Or really, really wanted it. In other words, I never go shopping. Anywhere. But grocery store.
Really!
I know. I know. >,-)))))))))))) -grin-
We're not shoppers either, but out here we don't have the mall or Target or Kohl's or Macy's, etc. We have only a few eating places, a Walmart and antique shops that are only open during the weekends. That's pretty much it. We have to drive about an hour away to go to any real shops, and the antique show doesn't only sell antiques and junk.
ReplyDeleteDuring some shows we don't buy anything, but others we do. It just depends. The show happens twice a year and people visit from other states and even sometimes other countries. A few celebs visit, too. (Not that I particularly care). It's a show that is literally plopped down in the empty countryside in a town with a population of 90. It's several miles long and is IMPOSSIBLE to see everything.
I just wish they had the shows in the cooler part of the year. Also, there are pretty much no seating areas which is nuts. Every single show you'll come across as least one person that got heatstroke and the medics come.